Project Cars FFB settings for t300rs on pc

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hell-Fiend™, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys

Anyone has good ffb settings for project cars am trying to get it to feel like Raceroom the reason am asking in this forum cause u guys felt the ffb on raceroom. The issue am having with project cars it feels floaty i cant feel the understeer or oversteer only visualy when it is too late it is not like raceroom u have time to react. Any ideas guys?

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Can't really help you since I am on Fanatec V2 and I don't remember my FFB settings on T500RS.
    But I can assure you that if the cars in pCars feel floaty you definitely have complete wrong FFB settings.
    I'd suggest taking your time (you will need a lot) reading and understanding how FFB is monitored in pCars and testing a lot too. See what the sliders stand for and use them. You will be rewarded with a very good FFB.
    Also keep in mind that changes made to the car in terms of suspension settings (including tire pressure, camber, toe etc...) may force you to adjust FFB to maintain the same feeling.
    It can be a PITA sometimes, but it is essential.

3. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hmm that sounds like a pain.. do u use jack spadez files or u adjust your car ffb alone

4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No, I don't use JS files. I have my main FFB adjusted to my likings and car FFB is rougly the same for all cars, apart from small changes to fit the different cars.

5. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Adjusting each car on your own is alot of testing ur gna end up spending hours just to make it feel right any suggestions on the basics? For me the most important is oversteer and understeer what can i do to make those specific things shine on any car

6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    My settings for the Fanatec V2 will be of no use to you (remembering all the changes I made coming from the T500RS). On top of that FFB feeling is different from one person to another.
    But I can give you a setting that I use (after Le Mans 24 and F1 Baku), just to check out how that feels on your wheel.

7. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I understand totally that each wheel is different n its about taste i just want to know how u approach the Ffb is it mainly car ffb? Do use SOP or non u rely on the front tires to give u the info. For sure i can try your settings thanks

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Still WIP, but that is what I used last.
    Again: this is for a Fanatec V2 base, my settings for the T500RS were completely different. You can try and maybe figure out where your settings should be adjusted.

FFB Calibration (menu)
    Tire force 121
    Per wheel movement 0.00
    Per wheel movement squared 0.00
    Wheel position smoothing 0.00
    Deadzone removal range 0.00
    Deadzone removal falloff 0.00
    Linkage scale 0.00
    Linkage stiffness 2.00
    Linkage damping 0.00
    Relative adjust gain 0.55
    Relative adjust bleed 0.20
    Relative adjust clamp 0.75
    Scoop knee 0.78
    Scoop reduction 0.45
    Soft clipping (half input) 0.00
    Soft clipping (full output) 0.00
    Menu spring strength 0.00
    Low speed spring coefficient 0.00
    Low speed spring saturation 0.00
    Steering gain 116

FFB control scheme 100

Car settings (e.g. BMW Z4 GT3 for 24h races = little softer than normal)

Master scale 74
    Fx scale 100.01
    Fy scale 110.01
    Fz scale 190.00
    Mz scale 120.00
    All smoothing at 0.00
    Arm angle 1500.0
    Body scale 0.01
    Body longitudinal scale 2.00
    Body stiffness 110.01
    Body damping 110.01
    SoP scale 74
    SoP lateral scale 120.0
    SoP differential scale 120.0
    SoP damping 0.0

Note that these settings work for a lot of race cars, but need to differ for other cars, e.g. using these settings for the Superkarts is useless. I also tend to change master scale a bit if the car feels too heavy when using the (much) smaller Formula wheel.

9. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man for posting it. Your settings would be amazing but on the t300rs it will clip for sure the wheel doesnt have the raw power for these numbers but i am pretty sure we both like the same way of FFB based in your settings. I dont like the feather feeling in FFB i like to fight the wheel when i have 2

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure there will be clipping, but you can lower tire force to start with and if necessary the in-car master scale.