Proper graphics settings for GTX 660

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam Jonas, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!

I've got a serious problem...

You can see my PC's spec in my signature. I have a GTX 660 2 GB, which is not the best, but it's still powerful I think. :) I can't find the proper graphics settings for this card.

I did a movie from a online replay footage, and I noticed it ran between 40 and 50 FPS overall with mixture of medium and high settings, without AA and V-Sync. With fully low setting, I had twice as many FPS as before (90 FPS), while with 'Auto' settings I had around 40 FPS!

Please help me if you can, it frustrates me a lot now - while this game can't run smoothly, until other sims (which I don't use often) have much higher frame rates on my PC. :(

Edit1: I took a try on 'Medium' settings. I had much better framerates: 60 FPS +/-5 FPS. Then I switched off the mirrors, and the framerates changed to 70 FPS +/-5. What the heck is happening here? :confused:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    See my specs. I have the same card like you, and I wonder what your problem is. FPS 40-80 is absolutely okay. Its not better for me.

Make sure however that you have the nVidia settings at single screen, max power settings.

P.S.
    I recall times when I ran the air war over Korea in falcon 4 - with frames not exceeding 17-19... :D Or Grand Prix 1 on the Amjuga - a felt 3-5 frames per second... LOL

• Like Like x 2
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Microprose Grand prix, now there's a memory, can remember rolling a fag between frames. The good old Amiga days!