Prototype classes updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PanVlk, Sep 28, 2020.

1. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    I wonder, are there any plans to do any updates in prototype classes? All the P1, P2 cars are pretty outdated, both in terms of actual car models, and it seems also the physics. My group is currently running P2 series, and jumping into these cars after driving things like DTM20 or GT3 just feels very underwhelming, with numb FFB and not much excitement overall.

I believe quite a lot of people like endurance stuff, and having some exciting prototypes would certainly help with that.

Even if licencing for some modern Oreca or Ligier LMP2 was too expensive, you might get away with some new fictional "Mistral" losely based on those, as long as they have fun physics and FFB.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Half a year later still no hope on the horizon for high downforce tintops:(. I'd love to see even something as Praga R1. Could be great modern alternative to the Aquila class, and Raceroom could piggyback on Jimmy B Britcar season. Would be really cool if Sector3 managed to get the car in the game, even though I suspect other game devs also had similar ideas and licensing might get tricky.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely in the plan to fully update our P1s and P2s soon as possible.

However there's more new content and other updates which are taking priority for now. P1 & P2 have already received a few of the latest features, such as engine maps, throttle maps and diffuser stall behaviour.

A good deal of hard work is saved as we have already got a tyre version with the Porsche GTE which can be easily adapted to use with prototypes. That leaves the suspension and aero behaviour as the main workload. Thankfully there's heaps of data on that topic so when the time comes these will shape up nicely.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1