-

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gongo, May 3, 2016.

1. gongo

gongo Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    -

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Very interesting! I'm running the SRDs on both of my rims.
    What exactly isn't working for you on R3E with the original software? I had no drops or issues so far, but I'm just using the basic functionality and no telemetry...
    The only issues with the software itself were broken installations after updates (v 2.xx) and the ridiculous and annoying activation for the v3 upgrade!

I'll check your release asap!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Great Job! :D It's a perfect addition to the Crew Chief, being able to reduce some of the notes from the Chief.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one being disappointed with the v3 release... I send them a mail complaining about the activation process, where I called their software "a 'tool' to run the display". The reply was, let's say, not that nice... They wrote something like "try to use the display without our manager" - well, you just gave the answer!!! :D

Maybe you could add a real GUI to manage the settings. It works pretty well with editing the .json file but would be more comfortable with a GUI ;)

I have nothing more to say but I'm glad you developed this! And further addition will be welcome... ;)

Cheers
    Alex

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the link. Just bought one of these to fit the Thrustmaster 599XX Evo 30 Add-On Alcantara Edition wheel, I've ordered.
    I had a quick go with the display and the standard software last night and it seemed pretty solid to me, but it was only a quick test. Will try your software with the unit the weekend. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So does their Thrustmaster mounting kit work with the T300 and TX? They only mention the T500, but I assume it attaches to the rim, not the base, and the rims are universal for Thrustmaster bases?

6. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I think so. The Ricmotech site lists various versions of the unit, each specific to a particular wheel or multiple wheels, but not base (I think). For instance, my unit was compatible with a number of TM add on wheels, regardless whether they're attached to the 500rs or 300rs base.

7. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the vid:).

8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'm based in Europe (UK), so was looking at Renovatio's own shop, and this is the only Thrustmaster mounting kit I can see, but it only mentions the T500: http://store.renovatio-dev.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

Think Ricmotech is US-based, right?

9. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup based in the US. That's on the Richmotech site for a $150 and is only compatible with the 500rs. Was going to order it, as I already have the stock 500rs rim, but fancied a new rim anyway, so went for the 599XX Evo 30 wheel and the matching SRD-9c.

This is the one I've got, http://www.ricmotech.com/Sim_Racing_Instrument_Dashboard_p/bdl-srd-9c-tmh.htm, and its compatible with the 500rs, 300rs and TX bases, depending on rim used.

I too live in the uk. Delivery only took 5 days.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  10. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Nice work.

11. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Just had a quick blast with this. Seems to work pretty well. Will be using it more over the coming days. Thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Happy to see you here Gongo, I am your beloved stalker from Reiza51 forum lol. Really good work, waiting for your next update, I am trying to contact them to have a dwg of their enclosure and print a big sticker with all the infos...hope they will answer soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I love them both and I hope both will evolve the right way (UE4, I am looking to you). Btw, I got 2 Updates but never used their software after installing your...:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    All sounds good gongo. Looking forward tothe release.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes, yes, yes!!!
    Looking forward to new release!!!
    Is this mandatory for each car?how this works?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate!!!Download ing it right now. Do you have plans for a 64bit version too?

17. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the updates gongo. Will be trying this out at the weekend

• Like Like x 1
  18. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have tested it for a couple of days, no problems for me, works good!

19. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately not gongo. My T500 died over the weekend. Just waiting for Thrustmaster to email me details on how to apply a boot loader firmware install as this may fix the issue.. Contacted them yesterday and still waiting for a promised email detailing the boot loader procedure. Apparently, they're experiencing email issues. If this doesn't work, I'll be forced to buy a T300 as the T500 is no longer available, which is not ideal as I prefer the stronger ffb of the T500. Either way, I plan to get the issue sorted out asap, so I can get back racing again and tell you what I think about your recent fixes.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I see that Renovatio have now released their own kit for T300/TX bases, but it looks very basic - looks like it just attaches to the wheel rim itself using velco, unless I'm missing something, which doesn't look like a particularly secure solution to me and covers the racing tape: http://store.renovatio-dev.com/index.php?route=product/product&search=thrustmaster&product_id=73

[​IMG]

Compare this with Ricmotech's version,which seems to have a proper mount:

http://www.ricmotech.com/Sim_Racing_Instrument_Dashboard_p/bdl-srd-9c-tmh.htm

[sorry I can't seem to post images from the Ricmotech page]

So looks like the Ricmotech version may be a better better to go with a TX base/Leather 28 GT wheel combo.

The Ricmotech one is a little more expensive, I think, though there's not much in it.