-

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gongo, May 3, 2016.

1. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The velcro is a good idea, you can use it with all the wheels...

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
  3. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, to be honest, it doesn't look any more basic than the Ricmotech's version to me. The Richmotech logo does make their version look a little more premium and racey, but apart from that, there's not much in it. There isn't much to these displays, just a LCD strip, a bit of electronics and an enclosure.

My Ricmotech version is attached to the wheel by a special kind of tape. I was a little concerned at first, because the unit fell off, within the first couple of hours of using it, but I think it was my fault as I probably didn't press down hard enough, when I was securing the unit to the tape. It hasn't happened since.

The mounting kits are the enclosure with some type of solution for attaching the unit to the wheel. This differ for each wheel. The mounting solutions for the Fanatec and the older Logitech wheels look far more secure, as these require using the wheel's own components to hold the mounts in place. Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to any of the TM wheels. My unit has to legs which are stuck to the back of the wheel using the previously mentioned tape.

As you say, if there's not much in it, as far as price goes, I would probably go for the RT version myself.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  4. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    gongo - False alarm about my wheel. Re applied the latest FW and all is now good.

Played a couple of hours of DTM 2015 and your 2.0 software worked brilliantly:D. No issues with non valid fuel warnings being displayed, after multiple restarts now. Will be spending some more time with it over the weekend, but so far so good. Thanks so much. BTW, love how the DRS status display works. This is really important to me as I play with all HUD elements off. Even my beloved HUD Dash software doesn't let me know when DRS is available.

Will do a video on my YT channel, featuring this version with DTM 2015 sometime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thank you gongo. Will give this a go sometime this weekend.

6. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Not to derail these technical updates, but curious if you could elaborate on how R3E and Automobilista compliment each other nicely. R3E is the only title I play now (Assetto Corsa bores me to death despite everyone else loving it), but some of the older F1 cars and tracks in Automobilista look fun so I was debating on buying it - especially considering how everyone says GSC had some of the better FFB.

7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the detailed reply gongo!

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Does this already work w/ rF2? Just checking as it was indicated 'somewhere 2016'.

9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Saddly not...Gongo disappeared from simracing scene and I wrote to him without any reply so far...

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh, sorry. Forgot about pyDash and tried it again, and it seems to work. Haven't used it for a while, so will try set up the functions again, but it worked. I copied the 'rFsharedmem....dll' and activated it in rF2 plugins.

PS. sorry for the OT, but this is the only thread that came up when I searched.