Bug Qualification result not taken into account

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Redglyph, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Since I've bought DTM 2015 - or since the last related update, when I qualify in a single race against the AI in Raceroom Experience mode, it doesn't grant me the corresponding position for the race.

I tried with DTM cars first, realized the problem, tried with another car thinking it was perhaps a bug related to those cars being used in another experience mode. But the results were the same, 1st in qualification, no penalty, but I'm still on the last position of the grid for the race start.

I'm using practice, qualification and race sessions. This is at Zandvoort, for example with the DTS 2015 Audi RS, or the Nissan GT-R GT3 from the ADAC 2013 (but I don't believe this is car-related). I have tried several times but the outcome is always the same.

Have I missed an option or a sudden change in the rules? Or is that a known bug?

Other bit of info: in the last DTM 2015 race before this (so in DTM experience), I didn't pit during the 2nd race and was put back at the last position in the results. Not sure it's related, unless there are some remnants that impact the next races due to a bug.

As it is, this makes the game pretty much unplayable in RR experience.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    They are aware of this Redglyph and are working on a fix.

3. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Ah, good to know, thanks!

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No problem!!

5. 074vince

074vince Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem!

6. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Oh. I tought I had to start from last in gtm 2014 because I qualified fastest..
    o_O

7. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Any news regarding this problem? It's quite breaking the game, isn't it?

8. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    It's pretty fun I think, i'd rather start last and fight up as far as possible than to start first and stay first, only defending here and there..

9. Levano

Levano Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's also apparent in DTM 2014...

I don't know about your difficulty level but on 115% and up it's nearly impossible to make any ground from the back of the grid.

10. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I don't particularly prefer to be on pole every time, this would mean I have to increase the difficulty level. But I certainly prefer to have something working correctly, what would be the purpose of the qualification if we can't have the interesting cars to beat directly in front of us? The time you waste passing trailing cars makes it impossible to catch up these (even more if they're supposed to be slightly faster than you).

11. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I use adaptive AI, I can get to like 16th from 24th usually. I've been in top 10 a few times though, dive bombing the right-left hairpin at Zandvoort.

12. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I did a race with the 2014 DTM at Sonoma. It's almost impossible to overtake with the AI at 115%. But it is fun to start at the back of the field and fight your way through. But anoying, too:confused:
    I hope they will fix it soon

13. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Is there any plan, ETA for the next patch? I saw no post about it, though the last version has broken a lot of things apparently, and it was 3 weeks ago. Would be nice to know what's happening.

14. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Call me crazy, but it seems to me that it is almost like it is doing an actual reversal of the grid. I have not really been able to confirm it, but it seems to me that when I get this problem, which atm is 100% every race in multiple classes (which I may add is getting very frustrating) and I have not gotten any screen shots or data on it, but I looks for all the world that the cars that qualified last are being placed up front and vice versa. Some kind of reverse grid code yet to be implemented sneaking it there somewhere. I could be just going completely bat s**t crazy (which is likely) but that is how it appears to me.

A hotfix for this would be awesome, it is really ruining the main reason I choose this over other titles, the SP championships.

15. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 + Nurburgring GP. Should be fun, right? I tried twice. First I qualified for the pole and started last. Second, I did not qualify at all and before the race it said "oh, you're starting first". Then I of course started last, like I should have. So it is not reversing the grid it seems.

What is even weirder is that both times I was racing against RUFs, Corvettes and Ford GTs that aren't even in that class. What's even weirder is that they race like GT3 cars. It is funny, but I do sure hope it gets fixed soon :D .

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    In that case then it is simply all screwed up :( Kinda pointless to get the Ai to the right level so that getting Pole takes a bit of effort only to have it thrown out the window.

17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    With luck ;)

19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member