Qualification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zhenya, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    We understand your problem but youve been told that there isnt an easy solution for the devs to implement so your best bet to avoid that frustration is by simply not starting a lap too late (just like you wouldnt start a lap when the timer has already hit 0 and then wonder why you didnt get to complete it/why it didnt count. The only real difference is that the way it is in r3e results in a slightly shorter quali session)

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    BTW confirmed you can finish a lap (or more) in non ranked qually even if the time is at 0, provided the session is still waiting for players. Happened last night, a player got 2 laps in while we were waiting and their place on the grid was valid.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    This must have been a recent change then, it never used to be like that. Additionally, the unranked eSports servers last year automatically took away the control from your car if the server was waiting for someone to connect.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK it has been like that since I started playing 2 years ago and deffinitely for the last year at least. It happens all the time in unranked f2p rooms as those are the ones you typically get people coming in with dodgy connections the most.

I noticed the rookie server has adopted the no out lap qually option, which for me makes the most sense as you can reduce the length of the session on most tracks and if a lap is screwed you can just restart without wasting an out lap. Maybe not one for the purists but it does the job. It should be on default for Norsdchleife!

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just in case youre not aware on the vln and 24h layouts you can just follow the gp tracks final corner and then start your timed lap which means the outlap doesnt take longer than on your average circuit

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I would like to thank Sector 3 for creating the ranked races, as I almost gave up on Raceroom, it almost happened because I was very sad to buy the game's contents and have no one to race with online.

Now with these races I can take advantage of the investment I made in the simulator and best of all, take advantage of different tracks and cars. I say that because I like ACC, but whenever I go online there are always the same tracks full (Monza and Spa-Francorchamps).

In the next Raceroom promotion, I should buy some more tracks and cars, because unfortunately these contents are very expensive for us Brazilians today! (I missed the Chinese New Year promotion :()

I saw Alex Hodgkinson's interview and as he said that in the future Raceroom will have graphical improvement and rain in the future, it made me more excited to continue investing in Raceroom. :)

• Agree Agree x 1