Resolved Question about buying vRP

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nate, Feb 1, 2015.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Howdy guys,

First of all, congrats on getting your forum up and running, transitioning to Sector3, as well as putting out some really awesome content for R3E. I look forward for what is to come!

I've been wanting to purchase some vRP to use to buy the various content and experiences available for R3E, however Im running into a bit of a problem doing so. It seems vRP is no longer available to buy from the in-game store, and is only available from the actual online website (https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp). While I would certainly rather be able to buy the vRP from the in-game store like it was available a few months ago, the website is fine.

However, there is no option to check out directly. It seems the payment process solely utilizes paypal. I dont have a paypal account, and really dont intend on creating one just to buy vRP. There also seems to be no option to check out through paypal as a guest like I have seen with various other online stores who utilize paypal. The only option is to have a paypal account and sign into paypal to purchase vRP and I would assume anything else from your online store.

I emailed support about this in mid december and got a response a few weeks ago, which is how I found out vRP was still available from your online store. However I hope I could get some ideas to resolve my question above.

Now, I realize vRP is not required to buy content for the game, but, buying a big pack of vRP will save me a few bucks... which I could use to buy even more content for R3E ;)

Id really like to buy some vRP and buy the ADAC 2014 pack while it is 20% off as that is a killer deal. Perhaps there is something I am overlooking? If Im not overlooking anything, perhaps in the future you guys could offer a paypal guest checkout option, or even a more direct way to pay for items from your store.

Thanks for the help guys, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello Nate,

That store is actually managed by our publisher, RaceRoom, and as such we are not in charge of what payment options are available. I will look into if there are any plans to add additional options from their side though.

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate,

I asked our publisher about lack of payment options and apparently additional payment options are on the way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey there Hannes and Sonat,

That's great news guys! Thanks for looking into this and finding out for me.

In the meantime til that is available, I suppose I will just grab ADAC 2014 from the in game store and be enjoying all the content.

Thanks fellas.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hello again guys,

So, I decided to take the plunge and purchase some vRP from your virtual store listed above, https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp, and completed the order, yet never received the code for vRP in my email like the screen showed that I should after the purchase went through.

It seems that another user in a different post mentioned not getting the vRP instantly either, and I wouldnt mind waiting... however I bought the vRP so I could get that ADAC 2014 pack on sale, like I mentioned above. I sent the a message to support at the stores page listed at http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/contacts/, but have not heard back from them yet. I figure with the weekend coming up, they might not get around to checking their support emails until monday, after this promotion you are running for the ADAC pack expires.

Perhaps someone here could take a look at this for me? I have my order id showing the order is complete as well as a payment verification. I have checked all of the folders in my email as well... but nothing with the code is there.

I would appreciate any assistance here.

Thanks guys, Nate

6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate,

I'll ping them regarding your issue.

7. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate,

I can get them to look into it faster if you can provide some info.

You email, order nr etc. Feel free to PM me here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    PM'd, thank you!

Edit: please disregard now. Just received the code in an email. Thank you all the the help with this. I definitely appreciate the concern and quick responses.

Have a good weekend guys. Cheers.

Nate

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  9. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    They'll forward your code now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I purchased vRP last night. I got instantly 4 e-mails from RaceRoom Store.

Plase add more payment options. 9,49 € is 9,83 € for PayPal. I avoid them in any site because their fees are abnormally high compared to everything else.

Plase add payment via credit/debit card (no intermediary like PayPal!).

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I know it was fine with the former Store (simply refill your vrp wallet) but you can still buy any content with your currency and favored payment method there - at least that worked for me (just paid €1,73 for some ADAC 014 cars last night)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That's true that you can still buy content in-game without buying vRP beforehand... but the benefit of buying a pack of vRP from their online website, is that you get slightly more vRP for the same price. In-game 2000 vRP is 20€, 2000 vRP from their website is 17€. So you get the same amount of vRP for 3€ less. Same is true for 5000, and 10,000 vRP.

Yes you get a volume discount buying content if you dont have vRP in your account and directly pay with your countries currency, however, as I have found, the volume discount is less than just buying a pack of vRP and saving a few bucks that way.

That is why I have found it more favorable to buy a pack of vRP, I get a little bit more for the same price, which I can use to buy even more content. And as a fan of the game and someone who really enjoys the racing and competitions, I'd like to eventually have most of the content. ;)

13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    +1

14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, I would like to have the former solution back as well

15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
  16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I've also a question about the VRP's, maybe a bit unlikely.
    In the competitions, will/could the VIP-Users win the Points as well?
    Sorry, but this interested me since a time.

18. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We have had competitions where competitors have been able to win vRP. This is not something that happens in every competition though and is very much up to the organizers.

19. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess, Jan's question is not anwered (misunderstanding? Or do I miss something ?).....
    Do VIP`s earn rVP`s or any other prize competing (like Danny Juncadella or Bruno Spengler participating, which I highly appreciate - nice gesture, also showing the "real guys" are taking R3E serious - last not least good PR for the DTM as well ) ?
    It's a bit delicate topic I would assume.....

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Make another thread for your question. It different then the original

• Like Like x 1