Question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by townnet, Feb 28, 2015.

1. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    1) Deleted...
    2) Is R3E support MFAA?
    3) Is R3E support SIMVIBE?
    4) Car setup didn't have CASTER?... BUMP/REBOUND didn't have slow and fast?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Try lowering the AI strength a couple of steps.
    Usually the AI bumps in to you when they are to fast for you, or that you are inexperienced with that car or track.

3. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Sry, but this is a Sim Racing game and you want that your car doesn't spin if another car is crashing in your back?

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    He is just annoyed as everybody was, when racing the "tough" RRE AI the first time intensively..
    They (AI) appear not very Ego-supporting......:)

5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like not realistic but what can i do? If dev can make a smart AI solve this issue that will be perfect.

6. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is a Sim Racing game, but with a total unreal collision model.

And yes, in the real life is very "common" the faster cars try not to deviate from you, and just crash in your back.

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I found "most" contact from the AI was typically my fault. I braked too soon, too late etc...

AI is very good imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    if you brake too early or late or don't hit the apex 100%, the AI should be smart enough to avoid any crash. Also, i don't drive vs AI like it's a race where i have to give 100% concentration everytime and always etc..... Seriously, an AI has a way faster reaction than any human....there is nothing worse in AI Gameplay than AI hitting you out of the road, even if you made a (small) mistake.

They can hit theirself, cause crashes theirself.... that's good :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thank you guys for the reply...I expect answer for the question no.2~4.

10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather the AI push than just brake check every time they catch up to me; I hated that in GTR2/R07.
    The AI will always have faster reactions - they're AI, not humans.

To OP: Just find your perfect difficulty setting; remember not to match their speed to your fastest lap, rather your consistent laptime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    yes that's what i ment... that's what it should be, faster reaction than a human. hmm, wrong (english) block format maybe ;)

what does a real driver do if he has a slow car infront of him? surely he is not checking and bumping you and trying to overtake you every corner, with no strategy....the faster driver drives behind him, waits for a good corner or a slipstream and then GO.... :cool:

....so personally i still prefer brack-check AI instead stupid overtakes at any sacrifice....if option "real" is not possible.

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I think that the AI themselves are spot on, but there's still a big difference in physics between the player's vehicle and the AI cars, the latter of which seem completely planted to the track. I understand the reasoning, and it stops players from punting off AI cars left, right and centre, but there is a big difference.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    you know what the minimum specs are for r3e?! such stuff is always related to CPU-Power and with low min. requirements i see dark for better AI-Physics.

14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    This has been a bit of a problem even back in GTR2/R07 and even in Shift 2. There was a certain setting that made the AI cars much more planted and impossible to push/spin. You could edit that setting but then, because they're AI, they would have trouble with stability under braking and in fast corners. In the end, it's a trade-off and it's really hard to find that balance.

If the AI is right behind you, either drive their exact racing line OR defend the inside of the corner. Or just give up the place :). Most of the cases where the AI spins you is when the human driver takes a wide line going into the corner and the AI disregards that.

15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    It was a problem in GTR2, until you changed the AITorqueStab values ;)

Unfortunately, that's not possible here, although I assume it's the same reason.

16. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    race07 or GTR2 AI was maybe good 2006, but don't get me wrong, for a 2015 game i expect more "immersion" with AI Gameplay, than just a simple AITorqueStab value can change so much:D ....not sure if one simple value is really the reason anyway, still think the physics of AI don't calc that much, simply "simplified" ai-physics, but that's a prob every Sim has, but some may do it better .

....but in the End just the plain result what counts while racing vs AI....so whatever it is, it needs some optimizing/fixing/balancing.

17. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    To give some perspective: In Gran Turismo 6 the AI are trains!!! They are on rails and no matter what happens they stay on track. If they bump you or its the other way around then they are not disturbed at all :confused:.

I find the AI in R3E a relieve in contrast. It's not perfect at all, but what is in this life!

My dream is that the AI is modelled after real drivers, like a superb chess computer. To look up situations in an extensive database and make a decision on both algorithms as real stored events from that driver. I spend off course several million euros on such computer with R3E "The next generation" :D.:innocent:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, no answer for question no.2~4?

19. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

2. Not that I'm aware of. I think there's only a limited number of games supported at present.
    3. Yes, I have it running nicely.