R3E and my HE Ultimate pedals..Please help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by challenger1, May 20, 2017.

1. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am in need of help please! I know that sounds really desparate but I am at my wits end with this problem.
    I am using Heusenveld Ultimate pedals in my rig and it seems maybe that R3E maybe doesnt like them? What happens is when I have the HE's plugged in and start the game my mouse cursor goes straight to the bottom of the window and when I try to move it, it just wants to stay right at the bottom for some reason. I am using a Asus G751 Gaming Laptop for my PC. Every other racing sim works just fine with the HE pedals plugged in. all but R3E. When I unplug the HE pedals all is fine in R3E and I can use the mouse pad or separate mouse just fine. I need this to work to set up my wheel and pedals,etc. but this makes it impossible to navigate at all. Man, this is driving me crazy. I have done everything possible including reformat my PC. I really want my R3E back!!! I even replaced the controller box on my HE pedals also to no avail.

2. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Did you hook up the extra ground wire? I did and it caused all sorts of problems. Mine work fine in r3e. Have you talked to them? They were absolutely great with helping with the problem. I got emails almost everyday and even on weekends.

3. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    no ground wire hooked up.

4. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    What wheel do you have?

5. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My wheel is a small Mige OSW DD. Again, every other game works just fine with my setup, only R3E has this issue. Also, did I mention that its driving my nuts that I cant run R3E? LOL

6. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    You don't have your old pedals still showing up do you? Maybe that's causing the issue.

7. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, I have reinstalled the game 3 times in Steam and deleted all folders each time.

8. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I only had problems with ams with my problem so its probably something stupid. It just wouldn't recognize the pedals.

9. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Have you used another USB port ?

10. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
  11. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What is Vjoy? Where would I find it?

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Might be worth reinstalling the mouse (or unpluging and plugging back in).....but yeah wonder if any controller mapping software at work as @JakkeFin mentioned.

13. challenger1

challenger1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I GOT IT!!!!!!!! Had to uninstall this Elan Touchpad software that Windows 10 update drivers apparently has had problems with bad drivers. Uninstalled,restarted and it did not get reinstalled by Windows 10, restarted game and cursor pointer was fine, was able then to assign all my gear and do some racing finally. Just how far I am able to go with assigning buttons though is another story. Before this it seemed the game or Windows was not letting save my configuration file in the ControlSet file in UserDate. Oh well, Thanks to everyone for all there suggestions and tips. They all got me thinking and digging into this deeper. I had been trying to solve this for a week. Elan software...look it up! Not good for me! LOL

• Like Like x 2