R3E, Best Racing Sim IMHO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucky Chopp, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Lucky Chopp

Lucky Chopp Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    This message is for the developers. Just wanted to say R3E has to be the best racing sim I've ever had the pleasure to drive, and I've pretty much tried them all. A little bit of my background. I started racing online when Grand Prix Legends was released and I've honestly tried every racing sim title that's been released since. I'm also have quite a bit of real life racing experience under my belt, racing 100cc karts, 125cc shifter karts, enduro karts, along with a bit of late model dirt and asphalt short track racing back in the day (61 years young at the moment).

So I believe I have enough background and experience to comfortably say, well done guys!

Now get back to work and make it even better! :)

Lucky

• Like Like x 13
    • Love it! Love it! x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, I have tried pretty much everything and never had better door to door racing than with these touring cars. Just outstanding.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the words of encouragement, @Lucky Chopp , it did the rounds internally and gives us even more will to deliver all the improvements we have lined up for the december update, which is shaping up to be a major one.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    My turn, Would by any chance Brands Hatch GP be coming with Santa? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but i don't get the story behind all those requests for Brands Hatch GP ?? Or is it a joke ? It's really not that great IMO, and already seen in many other sims. I hope the devs are spending their time on something better than this :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    It's a running gag meant very serious!
    As R3E's predecessor Race07 featured the Full circuit of Brands Hatch (The GP layout), people were surprised that R3E only featured the Indy Course (As the DTM raced there in 2013 and were a big thing for R3E back in the days-Hopefully soon again as DTM heads to Anderstorp, Sweden next year...)
    Back to topic:
    Although the Indy Layout features some of the main and most fun parts of this oldschool course (Paddock Hill Bend, Druids, Half of Surtees...), it lacks the fast kinks after or before a longer straight (Hawthorn, Westfield, Dingle Dell, Stirlings, Clark) which makes Brands Hatch what it is.
    Indy is very short and overtaking is even harder. It just feels incomplete and not suited for most of R3E's portfolio of cars. Since the release, fans have always asked if the GP Layout will be available soon (And it will be available SoonTM ;)). Writing a comment about the Full Course under the newest patchnotes, Dev-Notes and generally below all threads is part of culture and civility on this website. It also serves as a quick reminder for our dear developers.
    The GP track itself is, as you can see in free cam mode, complete and looks ready to be driven (Maybe more detail is needed and Ai needs to be trained...) so some of us who played R3E since six years are getting a bit frustrated from time to time. Dropping a Comment about Brands Hatch clears their minds and they can think about anything else ;).

So please feel free to join the tradition!
    This ritual might be older than Brands Hatch itself :p
    Give us the GP Layout!

Greetings

• Like Like x 4
  7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it will.
    All wrapped up pretty with a neat bow.
    And a note that says "Do Not Open Until 2035" :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Santa loves Sebring doesn't he? :)

9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ah, well, i can't agree it's the best sim.

Is it a very, very good one? Now that i can say absolutely.

Too many things missing.

DX9 (so out of date now it's holding everything back)
    Day/Night
    Dynamic weather
    Driver Swaps
    Custom Skins
    (obviously BHGP)
    Some big name licenses like Sebring, Le Mans etc

What does it do well?

Audio (without a doubt better than all the other sims put together, and in a league of its own)
    Quality of content (the whole sim is polished from top to bottom, and obviously thoroughly tested by the Beta team)
    VR (given the limitations of DX9 this works incredibly well)
    Community is awesome
    Devs, mods, commuity managers and Beta team are proffesional and very friendly/approachable.

Would i recomend it to fellow sim racers? Yes, without any question.
    Is it the best? In some areas, yes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What cars do you usually drive?

11. Dani Mcfly

Dani Mcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom and rFactor 2 are the best sims out there!. Raceroom is missing Day and Night cycle, that would make it on par with rFactor 2. I really don't care about weather but Day and Night is a must have, so please DEVS work on it :)

12. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    rFactor 2 outstanding. Graphics used to hold me back, but I just decided to drive faster and not care. :D

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Like any of us read the instructions! :rolleyes:

14. Dani Mcfly

Dani Mcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rFactor 2 has something of a more photorealistic graphics feel sometimes. I tried Assetto Competizione or Project Cars 2 and it's just too much graphics which doesn't feel right for me, some people love it. Raceroom and rFactor 2 have a good feel of immersion and the driving, handling, ffb, sound is just too good. Hopefully we will see Day and Night in Raceroom which would be perfect :D

15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I felt seduced to change to rF2, simply because of the advanced DX Features like Day/Night Cycle, the outstanding FFB/Physics aspects and all this, which I begin to miss from R3E, but on the other side rF2 is still a construction site while R3e is the most polished and complete title out there. Never felt drawn to AC (in comparison) that much. Another thing I like is that R3E is so easy accessable. When I see all those functions, settings and features at rF2 (or ACC) you can fiddle with I actually feel more demotivated nowadays, cause I just want to race - not becoming a race engineer or taking an extra class in advanced car physics and functions:). It was different when I was younger (did it enough with GTR2) but I find it perfectly solved with R3E (with a new tire physics and other useful features coming), cause tbh. : fiddling with all that technical aspects to get lost with and away from sheer driving, in the end I didn't drive much at all. ;). Last not least Mods and modable components are a fine thing to add (with rF2 for example) but honestly I don't miss them at all with R3E, cause they CAN make things more complicated and time consuming than neccessary as well ...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Just race both, they are great racesims, with both positives and negatives in different areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dani Mcfly

Dani Mcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Raceroom has some amazing content, it's easy to setup and start racing on the go. I'm really hooked on the DTM 92 and the Group 5 cars in manual are so addictive :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    At the SAME TIME would be best :). One dilemma I recently had was, that I was blown away from S397s Nordschleife, how lively and of visual depth it is but after riding it a while I thought "F*** , now some VLN like Grid with a variety of at least 75 Cars & various original classes would be nice..." guess you know what I'm talking about :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019