Problem R3E does not start

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MarcoLiverpool, Sep 20, 2021.

1. MarcoLiverpool

MarcoLiverpool New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Since yesterday afternoon I can not start R3E. At the beginning, a small window appears with the three cars, which announces the start. Then the screen goes black and the mouse time with the egg timer appears, with the egg timer flashing every second.

Meanwhile I can continue working on the second monitor without any problems. Only in the taskbar, the Raceroom logo is displayed... but the game does not start even after several minutes.
    Any idea??? Thanks oin advance
    Oliver

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Last night I had the same issue and also on Saturday. The loading times seem to be going through the roof but I couldn´t determine if it was my connection or the game. Also got disconnected a couple of times with error 13.

You could try using a VPN to see if it is better.

3. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    i had steam shit itself and uninstall the game on a reboot yesterday, maybe there was an issue. also theres been updates. 90% of the time if its an update big enough to bring down the game for more than a few hours, just clean install it again because it just breaks everytime.... like clockwork

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Huh, never happened to me though.

5. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yet

6. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I am having the same issue, stuck on the starting screen

7. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Same issue, sometimes I get the Error Code 0 on the desktop with the small window with the 3 cars, others I get into the fullscreen loading screen but the game just sits there. I found if I wait long enough it will go to a white screen and display an error about not connecting to a server.

8. MarcoLiverpool

MarcoLiverpool New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I simply reinstall the whole SIM. Now it works again :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Reinstalling didn't help for me, my issue seemed to be due to a DNS server issue as far as I can tell. My router updated its firmware and changed something with its DNS settings. After resetting it to grab the settings from my ISP, and then running a CMD prompt with ipconfig/flushdns everything is now working for me (along with fixing the "Hmm...can't load this page" error I was getting in Edge). I'm now able to connect to the game servers and back to driving!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Update to my previous post about DNS settings.

One thing I did at the same time was to Enable IPv6 in my router, but since I did this at the same time as the DNS server refresh I'm not sure which fixed the issue...but if your still having trouble check this setting also.

11. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    As from my experience Error 0 is an server connection error. Could be caused by server down, version number between Client and Server different (happens on patchdays sometimes) or internet connection problems.

if that error occures on patch days I wait 2 hours and then do a file check for RaceRoom. Most of the time it helps.

12. iampinkinside

iampinkinside New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have this exact issue right now, spent 5 hours trying to get I to work with no success. Is there anything else you guys can advise? It was working fine yesterday, I just don’t get why I broke.