Problem R3E hangs with CSW V2

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Iron Wolf, Jul 28, 2016.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I recently migrated to CSW V2 wheel and I have been experiencing hangs with R3E. Initially I thought it is my overclock, so I restored default clocks. However, hangs continued. The way it looks basically after some time racing, game freezes, wheel and pedals continue to vibrate.

Then I noticed that once hang, if I turn my CSW off, game unfreezes. So it is related to CSW base. I am trying to change USB ports, and to be honest I used horrendous hub :) which I will bypass. But I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar, and has suggestions. Thanks!

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hi Wolf,
    no issues here at all. Firmware and drivers up to date?
    Does this happen at rr exclusively?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Up to date. In pCars, I lost steering once (like, wheel stopped controlling car), but game doesn't freeze. Thanks for letting me know it works for you though, will be playing tonight without hub, will see how it goes...

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest to check the windows event log right after that "freeze moment". Seems like it isn't necessarily related to the CSW, but something else.
    You could also check your power management settings, if USB ports go to sleep after a while.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Ok, to wrap this up and to reduce confusion to someone who stumbles upon this thread :) :

After 4 1hr races I can conclude that it was my unpowered crappy USB splitter. As wisdom says, "assumptions are cause of all ....ups", I made an assumption. In device manager I saw, that apparently CSP V3 draws 100 mA, CSW draws 300 mA, and 400 mA being below single port spec, I thought I'd be fine, but that wasn't the case, Now that I plug pedals and base into separate ports - no more hangs.

Guys, what are your in game FFB settings, most interestingly, what minimal force do you set to CSW? At 100% master FFB I have it at 5%, as my understanding CSW has 5% of a deadzone.

cheers:)