R3E Ranked Assistant Android app

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by yoori, Mar 22, 2020.

1. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've had some more time at home recently and I've started woking on an android app.

For now it only shows the list of servers with some additional data like current track and next track.

I attach the apk if anyone wants to install it. If the project doesn't die I might put it up in the store.

New version:
    - fixed a bug the caused app to crash when there is only one track in rotation
    - added ranking screen. You may provide your username in settings to see your ranking.

WARNING: ranking page in it's current implementation may work slowly. I will try to optimize it ASAP.
    If you have any problems with it let me know.
    Screenshot_2020-04-13-14-37-53-807_pl.opx.jura.r3erankedassistant.jpg Screenshot_2020-04-13-14-38-02-650_pl.opx.jura.r3erankedassistant.jpg Screenshot_2020-03-22-21-55-28-798.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Very nice. May i ask where do u get the online data from ?

3. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    The data comes from the ranking website, there is more data and I plan to show more info about the server configuration in a details page. It'll show up when you click on a server card.

I also want to show ranking with search function, but I need to work out an effective way to fetch the data from the website.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    So its basically hacking the web page.. i thought there is a new API/webService to get this data

6. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @yoori How do you install this on an Android phone?

7. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You need to download the zip in OP. extrack the apk file, copy it to your phone and run it. You will have to allow intalling apps from unknown sources in the settings.

I will be updating this app soon hopefully and I'll put it i he store.
    I got a free mont of training from udacity and I'm putting all my effort to this fight now. Luckily, I'm learning how do make this app better.

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Been using the app more and more recently and still "loving it" :D
    The only two things i still wish for are info about practice/quali/race length and if you can somehow get that data whether setups are fixed or open :)

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if info about setups is there. The next step for me is to add details screen about the server with the list of player in it.
    Of course showing players rating and reputation. I was also thinking about showing notifications about "friends" currently playing. Maybe I'll be able to do a dirty implementation of servers detail next week.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @yoori Thanks for the reply about the updates to your app. I hope you get this in the store soon

11. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @yoori I recently tried to use your app in my Samsung phone and the app crashed every time I tried to open it after installing.
    I tried both of the files from above and neither worked

12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just tested and its the same for me at the moment. Happened once before tho and was resolved fairly quickly if i remember correctly

13. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Tried to install it on my old Xperia Z3, did not install. Install apps of unknown resources is enabled of course. Is there a minimum android version required?

14. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    @Larry Foster could you tell me which android version are you using? Based on what Nico said I have a suspect. And it would be relented to server problems. This is my first app so I'm still learning a lot. This is like alpha version.
    I have the code cleaned up and first version of ranking implemented. I just need to work on the interface and I will upload here. Unless my account gets approved by Google, then I'll put it in the store.

@pierredietze yes there is. I think it's 4.1 or 4.4 I would have to check.

15. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I've found out what it is. I'll push an update asap.

16. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @yoori just for more info I am at Android 8.0.0
    Samsung SM-G950U

17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Updated the OP with new version of the app.

• Like Like x 3
  18. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    First time using this app. I loved it. Looking forward to more implementations. Thank you for your work.

Minor recommendations;
    • splash animation can be added while it's loading any page(especially ranking list where it takes some time)
    • list page can be manipulated to show less than 500 user. Most chipsets will have hard times swiping the list, where sd 855 already does
    • Color palette of UI can be widen(?), avatars or country flags may work
    • Pinned or favourite servers, this may be useful if you consider adding all the servers besides ranked ones
    Just throwing some thoughts out there :)

19. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    First of all I appreciate you like it.
    You may treat it like an alpha version from inexperienced developer.
    I've been working a lot on it lately. Both server list and ranking list are now stored in a db and rank is loaded in chunks of 50. I've also done some other changes to make it more efficient and easy to expand.

That things you mention are on a to-do list.
    Although I'm esthetically challenged so interface may take some time to look ok.

I just want to finish server details page with list of drivers in it, full track rotation and server Not much settings, not much work left and I'll be posting new version.

20. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Great app. Add a reminder for racing and disable ads (paid)