App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried reinstalling NodeJS and downloading the most current version of Reality?...

(EDIT - I just tested my system to be sure it was working and found no issues)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of reality, but not node.js. I'll give that a shot, too. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    do come back and let us know if/what the fix is...

4. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I updated node.js from 12.XX to 14.16.0 (and also had a pending java update that I installed). I connected to some random races (already in-progress) and it seemed to be working fine. I'll still have to see if it works from the start of a race, since that parameter (FocusOnPoleDuringRaceStart) seemed to be what was causing the issue. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leonardo_Elijah

Leonardo_Elijah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello , thanks for this awesome work,
    a question , somebody knows how can i remove this advise from the screen.?
    thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a controller warning. If you're just broadcasting, go into controller options and choose the keyboard profile, so that the game isn't looking for your wheel or anything else.

7. Leonardo_Elijah

Leonardo_Elijah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks but it didn't work

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    What file do I need to edit in order to remove the "padding" between the edge of the screen and the overlay? v1.9.2 looks like it does in the OPs screenshots, which is more like what I want. But v1.9.5 adds a load of empty space, which I don't like.

v1.9.2:
    [​IMG]

v1.9.5:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing it has to do with this feature introduced in v1.9.4:
    But how do I turn that feature off? I'm not seeing it in the broadcast settings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    For anyone else with the same query, it seems that the "TV safe zones" are not a toggleable feature, despite the fact most will never need them. To move the widgets back towards the screen edges you need to edit individual widget files, and change the position yourself. The main ones are:

alerts.flat.less - Alert messages, right side.
    logoOverlay.flat.less - Watermark logo, top right.
    multiclassStandings.flat.less - Standings list + series logo, left side.
    sessionInfo.flat.less - Session info, top centre.
    safetyCarDeployed.flat.less - Safety car on track, top centre.
    safetyCarIn.flat.less - Safety car coming in, right side.

Look for the values "top: Xem;" "bottom: Xem;" "left: Xem;" "right: Xem;". "Xem" is the distance from the side mentioned.

I didn't bother messing with the driver name box displayed bottom centre, because it seems to follow a different format which I couldn't be bothered to work out right now. Also, there are a bunch of widgets which all combine in that area, so moving one means moving them all and getting them all lined up perfectly again. No thanks! :p

(@J.Simonds, since you seem interested.) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    guess it depends on the size of your screen, for small screen sizes it seems not necessary, but for bigger screens it makes sense

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't call a 1080p 24" monitor "small" personally. Screen size is more about making the widgets bigger/smaller for visibility anyway, which can already be achieved by tweaking a single setting in this tool. But this "TV safe mode" thing applies to everyone, needed or not, and can't be disabled without extensive editing of multiple files. Not everyone is going to have the time/patience/knowledge to do that.

Anyway, I've modified all the files to return the overlay widgets (including the driver info widget I originally avoided) to the original look seen in the OP screenshots. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  13. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well, my racing group just had another race tonight and again the broadcast and auto-director was stuck on 4th place. I was able to look at the director screen and verify that "Auto-Director" was enabled. I did see that the person in 4th place had the parameter: FocusOnPoleDuringRaceStart=30, and so that is why the auto-director always picked the 4th place car. Does anyone know how to adjust this value? Is this stored in a file somewhere? I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks.

14. Arek Małecki

Arek Małecki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a problem. Is it possible for starting R3E Reality and entering the game as a spectator to block other drivers from entering the server? I put a dedicated server for RaceRoom on one PC and everything works. After launching start.bat and broadcast mode, it blocks others from entering the server ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  15. erke_ms

erke_ms New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed that your overlay shows driver's rating and reputation. How can I add that info in my overlay custom theme? Or can you share your theme?

16. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Hi Erke,
    That's a custom solution, it's using the API I created for the Discord Bot. That API is unfortunately not accessible for others

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. erke_ms

erke_ms New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oh! I see. Thanks anyway!

18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We are having the same problem with auto director suddenly getting stuck on 4th place.
    We are running multiple race on the same session.
    Race 1 was fine no issue then suddenly on race 2 it's stuck on 4th place.
    Here the video so you can see for yourself on race 2 everytime a cars gets in 4th it moves to that car. @Scout any solution would be greatly appreciated. This was working a while back I would guess that an update might have cause the issue.

19. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    The timer for the second race was incorrect, that's likely the issue
    (In the overlay, not the server itself)

20. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I started some weeks ago to work with this great tool, but when you are in a hot race, sometimes you're have instandly to know, what car are active after soime overtakes. I can be confusing.
    Can we get please mark or an another background for the active car?

Attached Files: