R3E Still Top Dog when it comes to Driving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Nov 3, 2018.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I've been away from simracing for the last year or so, playing alot of RPGs, VR games and such. I'd still have a race here and there but that's about it.

So then Assetto Corsa Competitione comes out and start playing that a bit. Pretty impressive early access. VR support already - nice.

So then I fire up R3E, my old faithful, on a Saturday during the day (prime time for multiplayer in US) Not only are there plenty of full races, but instantly everything just feels better the minute I start driving. I'm that much closer to actually driving these cars. I don't know what it is but they got the recipe correct. I've been skeptical of the longevity of R3E but this is a reason it can keep going with all kinds of other sims coming out - the driving feel just feels right and immersive. Maybe i just have my settings better but i don't think so, there is something inherently more enjoyable about driving the R3E cars.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yup Im like you with the FFB, i just tweak a bit but especially with R3E find the default range very good. Im also more of a drop in and go guy, which is why rfactor or iracing never caught on that much with me (played both for a bit). Ive always liked dropping into a quick r3e or ac online race. But today since it had been awhile, i was reminded how good r3e can be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I kinda find the more time you're prepared to devote to which ever Sim the more you can get out (there are of course exceptions), you pick up each Sims nuances, can block out some of the negatives or work around them, of course the more time you spend on the accompanying forum, you find there is much more to be had, what with Apps, setups, competition etc. etc. I tend to be an early adopter, show it some love, look for the hook, if not enamoured, I will rate it as a maybe or off with its HDD occupancy (for a later date, maybe). I also think you can get very comfortable in an old pair of slippers and whether it's the latest Uggs or some rather natty slipper socks, it is very hard to give up the time spent and wear in something new. I also feel RR's business plan of just rolling along, getting better and better, fits in with me, I'm liking the Dev/user interaction and although, at times it appears requests fall on deaf ears, we all kinda know they're listening and there are other reasons to why this, that or tother is not yet incorporated in RR. I will continue to adopt as early as possible but it's gonna take something special to tear me and my time away from here. When it feels right, it feels right! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1