R3E VR , so freaking good !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick Thanks to Sector 3 for their great VR implementation into this fine wine of a Sim .
    By far the best VR in any of the current Sims , not sure how you've done it but even for an older DX9 engine it looks and runs amazingly .
    Thank You .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I got lenses just to be able to enjoy Raceroom VR more. (usually a glasses person).

I've had no real issues with it yet, it's making the racing so much more immersive!

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    r3e vr is good but VR in iRacing is performing best. absolutely no problem to achieve constant 90fps in iracing.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I just resubbed to iRacing but haven't touched it since firing up R3E again :/

5. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So I just got into VR about a week ago. AC is simpler to launch with better graphics, but the sense of immersion and speed I get in R3E makes it my favorite right now. I can go from a session in AC then switch over to R3E, and I feel like I'm going twice as fast at the same track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    I already posted it in another thread but I will repeat it here: for me the VR experience in Raceroom is unfortunately the worst of all sims available. Lot of stuttering all around although I lowered the details in many aspects. In Iracing, AC and rfactor 2 the performance is far better.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Wow , really ! I have the smoothest of all Sims in R3E even though i've locked it to 45 with Ctrl + 3 ASW on full time where in AC i get 90 but its not as smooth as the 45 here :/
    ATM i've got the settings Maxed with AA x2 ingame but 8xQ and 2 x sparse grid in inspector with -vr 2.2 ;launch options .
    If i drop settings , mainly SS to 1.5 i can get 90 mostly but the loss in image i a lot worse for me than the lower FPS because for some magical reason 45 in R3E is butter smooth for me .

@rzsmith , i'm not sure how hard it is to type -vr in the R3E Steam launch options , but for me that's easier than starting AC and selecting the Rift display option then exiting game then starting AC again and configuring the settings and race options on a 2D monitor and only being able to see AC in the Rift when im on track , then race finishes so take Off HMD again to configure next race .
    Where R3E is only -vr and click play and put HMD on and good to go .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbarro3

sbarro3 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's because I'm not using Rift but a Lenovo Explorer. I have to manually start WMR Portal, Manually start SteamVR, then stop SteamVR, then launch R3E. I also would prefer if you only went into VR mode when you enter the track, and all the 2D navigation screens were projected on the monitor, like AC. But once again, overall I prefer R3E.

10. fbiehne

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    @Svennixx

Well you disagree with me, fair enough. Have you tried all the other sims I mentioned in VR?
    I can’t tell you why but they all run better with a constant framerate.

11. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ye other than iracing i have.
    LFS, AC, project cars 1 and project cars 2. LFS smooth as butter and has the best experience imo (see your helmet in the mirrors moving about etc.), AC its just as "basic" as Raceroom but works, Raceroom is smooth for me and works and like said previously better immersion in terms of speed, project cars 1 and 2 are a disaster in VR for me just wont work smoothly no matter what.

12. fbiehne

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    I haven’t tried LFS as I don’t own that sim. The best is Iracing imo (smooth FPS, realistic mirrors in VR, new UI (still beta) which works in VR, all HUD elements can be read). AC works also great, no FPS loss with many cars on track. Sadly no UI in VR. rfactor 2 still has a long way to go but the content which is optimized for VR works trouble-free. Only in Raceroom I have issues although I have many details turned down and I’d blame DX9 for that. But I’ll try the steam VR settings posted above and see if it gets better.