Problem R3E wont start in nvidia surround on Win 10

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OLDr! AzzA, Sep 20, 2015.

1. OLDr! AzzA

OLDr! AzzA New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to pay R3E before AC took up alot of my time.
    I have since upgraded from a G27 to a full fanatec setup , windows 10 from windows 8.1
    Now Raceroom won't start I just get a white window with no response from any keys except CRT alt delete
    But when I do that it will bounce back to the game with the loading screen except that's it nothing mire I need to kill the process

If I disable surround I can play , but srsly why bother lol

Any thoughts on how I can fix this , have reinstalled fresh everything when I upgraded to win 10 new steam new install of r3e no old g27 drivers.

2. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am sitting with the same problem for a couple of weeks now.
    Got a email from Sector3 saying they do know about the problem and that a solution would have been released this week with the update.
    The update was done, but the problem was not addressed.
    It is really frustrating because I really do like the game but I am not prepared to play on one screen. :(
      • Alexander Wallberg
        • Thur, 10th Sep 2015 12:49pm
        Hello,
        I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the game.

We are aware of this issue and it will hopefully be fixed in the next patch, which will be released soon.

Best Regards
        Alexander Wallberg
        Sector3 Studios AB

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  3. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I finally found what was wrong: in surround mode, SLI wasn't properly activated with R3E, which had the effect of disturbing the screen connected to the second graphics card when the full screen was activated.
    To remedy this, simply apply the following settings in the profile Race Room with Nvidia Inspector:
    SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR2
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2
    SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

It worked for me ;)

4. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Erwan960,
    OK, I have never worked with Nvidia Inspector before so please help me out.
    I have downloaded the program and it is running. I have done the settings under "SLi" as you have suggested under profile Race Room and I have "Apply Settings".
    Starting R3E and the problem persist.
    I then added rrre.exe as a application to the Race Room profile, clicked "Apply Changes" and started R3E with the same result.
    The Nvidia driver version I am using is 355.82 WHQL.
    So...what am I doing wrong?

5. OLDr! AzzA

OLDr! AzzA New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gave it go unfornately didn't work for me. I did notice in NVIDIA inspector that the correct exe wasn't applied, fixed that , but still didn't work. Oh well I have numerous Sims to play in the meantime.

Thought that might of been a winner since I updated to windows 10 ( clean install ) I get garbage displayed on the screen connected to the 2nd gfx card.
    It only flashes garbage for a sec but does it on every game I start in triple screen. Most likely unmature windows 10 NVIDIA drivers.

6. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    This is what I got before applying these settings in Nvidia Inspector :
    [​IMG]
    The screen on the left had a problem... and now, everything works fine.

Please check the resolution in the xml config file (graphics_options.xml or something like that) (5900x1080 for me).

7. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks. Your problem was then a little different to mine. On mine R3E doesn't start at all.
    However, I will tinker a bit with that xml file and see if I can find something there that might resolve my issue. ;)

8. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    When R3E didn't want to start, the resolution was 1024x768 in graphics_options.xml. When I changed it to 5900x1080, bingo !

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It also helps to install nVidia drivers as Administrator if using Win10, I had all of the above problems (nVidia driver related) and this simple thing cured all.

10. zegued

zegued New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem to me!

EDIT: After some testing, got it working by run the game in windowed mode!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  11. DoRF

DoRF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have tried everything above. Still can not play with 3 monitors. If I run en widowed mode I get only two screams working. I will not come back to win 7 just for this SIM. Waiting a solution!!! :mad::mad::(
    2 x GTX 780

12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have mentioned it above but install your Nvidia driver as Administrator, this will cure that particular problem!

13. DoRF

DoRF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately this did not work for me either.

14. Gloehzi

Gloehzi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here for me with a GTX 690 since update to windows 10 (clean install). Tried everything mentioned above. No success.

15. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because you're running in Sli but just Googled problem and can only really find suggestions already mentioned. RaceRoom does not support Sli at the moment but according to recent magazine interview it's on the list along with triple screen support, hopefully in next update, which, again hopefully will be sooner rather than later. There is also software called widescreen fixer, I have it if you can't find it but this solves the problem for some! Good luck, is worth it in the end! :)

16. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I decided to move back to Windows 7. R3E is running perfectly on three screens in SLi mode on Windows 7. ;)
    Once Sector3 Studios has done the update for R3E to work properly under Windows 10 I will try it again.
    This was the last response on the 23rd of Septemeber, I got from Sector3 Studios:
    Hello,
    Sorry the suggestions did not work our programmers are still looking into the issue ans we will reply as soon as we know more.

Best Regards

Alexander Wallberg

Sector3 Studios AB

17. Hank

Hank New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    same issue there
    i reinstalled win 10 from scratch, but got horrible perf issues with SLI in surround mode, despite the fact i tweaked the game in nvidia inspector
    game is juste unplayable, hopefully a fix will be released soon

18. Gloehzi

Gloehzi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Problem seems to be solved for me. Reason may be the last graphics driver update to version 358.50

19. Hank

Hank New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks will try the update

20. OLDr! AzzA

OLDr! AzzA New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Woohoo fixed it for me too , perfect time to smash a laps of bathurst down , since its on right now