Resolved R3E won't start in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Friedrich, Mar 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

from one day to another R3E won't start in VR, with none of the 4 starting options (32-bit with -vr argument, 64-bit with -vr argument, 32-bit VR or 64-bit VR). Sometimes the R3E Loading logo appears on my monitor, then disappears with nothing happening, sometimes the R3E Loading Logo appears even on my VR headset (Pimax 5K+) with disappearing after a while and nothing to happen. The only thing that I can think of that changed is the Nvidia driver for my RTX2080Ti (now 461.72). All other sims work just fine (AC, ACC, iRacing).

I normally start R3E with the 32-bit option and -vr argument. I added the crash dump files from today, perhaps it helps solving my issue. Thank you guys.

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    No one can help me?... I can provide further infos as requested...

3. chunky40monkey

chunky40monkey Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried verifying your steam files? and are you using Steam VR if so try doing the same to them? and lastly reinstall your GPU drivers or roll back to you last driver.

4. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    So, I reinstalled R3E completely, updated the Nvidia drivers to the latest version (my Pimax driver tools and firmware are at the latest installment), but still it doesn’t work. So frustrating. I drive R3E from the start with VR, a Oculus DK2 and now for over 2 years(!) with a Pimax 5K+... never had an issue! I don’t know what to do! AC, ACC, iRacing everything works like a charm, but starting R3E with no matter which starting option, throws me back to the Steam platform window or the Steam VR Home environment... I don’t know what to do. Can I provide some files or whatever? I really want some help and being willed to deliver whatever informations are needed!

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Thomas, try to lower Pitool resolution and then SS. I had problems with R3E and Pimax if values were cranked too high. HTH.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Just want to give a feedback: R3E runs on my Pimax again without any problems. The problem was on the Pimax/PiTool side. The solution is, that you have to deactivate fixed foveated rendering (“close”). C44A6828-4B4C-42B7-85DB-F429A454E247.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thierry Parasme

Thierry Parasme New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Thomas for your feedback, it allowed me to play Raceroom with my Pimax Crytal