Race 07 updated today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gerbuho, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    This was a big surprise.:)
    These guys are awsome!
    Race 07 will never die.:D

• Like Like x 1
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Yes.Would like to see changelog.

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Change log

- The game now points to a new and more stable lobby server.
    - Added support for track-side third-party advertisement campaigns.
    - Various minor localization fixes that had been made but never patched in since 2012.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea but I encounter some kind of bug, I don't know if it have to do with the update or not.
    I tryed to drive the game to day and it work fine exept the sound is all gone and when I try to enter sound setings the game crashes any one else have that problem? I am runing Win10

5. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Ok, today I was also really surprised that Race07 was part of an update. But why an old and well-working game like Race07 needs an update? There are still communitys out there, who run leagues with around 50 drivers per race. I summerize a few big disadvantages, which resulted from this update and hope that they will be fixed because with the new update its impossible to run the GTP Pro Series on racersleague.com. I show you why:

1. Dynamic weather tool: In our league (GTP Pro Series) there are some really good guys, who created the weather tool, which implements dynamic weather: Changing temperatures and rain/sun while racing and for every session. After the update: Not possible anymore.

2. Weight+Slot-Tool: We have a quite awesome BOP of the cars. All in all we have 17 different cars, which are able to win, but have a complete different driving feeling. They were balanced by adding some weight or reduce the weight. Also the podium of a race and the first 3 guys in the championship get some additional weight. On top of that with this tool you could add slots to a server that could run then with a little more than 30 slots. Both things after the update: Not possible anymore.

3. Setup analyzing tools: There are some really useful tools (XD-Tool, Real Time Telemetry, Motec add on, etc.) out there, with which you can analyze the tire temperatures from inside to outside, tires pressures, best laptimes, engine temperature, fuel per lap, current weather and much more. Basically with these tools you can analyize everything possible. But after the update: Not possible anymore.

4. TV-Tools: After multibc.tv turns offline, we lost the TV-Tool, but some guys of us invested much time and showed a lot of effort to create a new one half a year ago. It shows best laptimes, dynamic positions up to 30 drivers, racing laptimes, remaining time, etc. We need the TV-Tool for the 2 well-commentated streams our league has and we are really proud to have them. After the update: Not possible anymore.

5. Setup-Tool: One guy of us created a setup-tool, with which you can change the gear box and some things within the engine. As you may assume, after the update: Not possible anymore.

It's really sad to say this, but the patch today not only destroyed every running tool, which was created for Race07, it also stopped our current league-racing because the tools are essential for a well-running league system. I believe that we are not the only league that have this problems. In the end I just can repeat, what I wrote at the beginning: why an old and well-working game like Race07 needs an update?

Greetings Julian

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  6. Sidonicus

Sidonicus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why does the sceptic in me think that the sparse change log points to the idea that the only real changes here are to allow the new owners to spruik their other products (RRE) within Race07. Yes the old online lobby had some flaky moments last year and new servers may be in order. Will the old lobby server be turned off? If not our league may revert to the pre-update due to some of the reasons sited by Flamedpheonix- we really, really miss XD !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Even if an update for fixing various things is always appreciated, but as @Flamedphoenix already stated, the disadvantages for leagues are tremendous.
    I think the few remaining Race07 leagues got their deathblow with yesterday's patch. Because i'm afraid that most of these 3rd party tool developers (for XDTool, RTT, Weight-tool etc.) have already abandoned their little software gems, and maybe they'll never do a patch again. But these little tools are so essential for Race07 users and to keep leagues running.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I think steam is trying to gain more control over the stuff they offer. My son is into fps MMO's. And they did the same thing to many of his favorite games. Installed updates that ruined all the modders work so it didn't function anymore. Seems they wanted to start charging for the mods. And give a small percentage to the modders. I think it was somewhere between 15 and 25%. And it was all old classics that still had a strong following. Because according to my son all the new MMO's suck. How else they going to get people to spend money. And for the record I still spend a lot of time in race 07 and GTR2, mostly because I can't always get on raceroom.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  9. BallerHarry

BallerHarry New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    - The game now points to a new and more stable lobby server.

Thank You , Lobby is Down .

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    told devs , devs chasing people who have the lobby .....

Andi

11. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2