Race Engineer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saiyon, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Saiyon

Saiyon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey folks,

I have bounced around a lot of the sims recently and finally bought all the raceroom content.

RRE really seems to be the best balance on great sim, ongoing developer support for the game, cost and offline racing.

I am loving RRE and feel that the offline racing is some of the best I have enjoyed. The forum is full of people talking about features, cars and tracks they would love but there is one feature I am not sure gets mentioned.

Pcars2 has a lot of problems but I really did like the race engineer concept. It made car-setup really new player friendly (as much as it can be).

It seems to be a pretty straight forward "if, then, else" piece of code with a UI. However it does need to know what can and can't be adjusted on each car.

I just wonder peoples thoughts on this and if anyone else found it as useful as I did?

Cheers

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    There's no in-game engineer, but we have one here on this forum. Look HERE for some good info.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The trouble with these automated systems is that you learn nothing by using them. If you learn what the various setup options do you can apply the knowledge to every sim you ever play, and never have to worry about the "newb" option again! :)

What's that old saying? "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime." ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1