Problem Race in server. Flickering cars, cars out of sight and back, what's the cause?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nick Feys, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hi, people of raceroom. Please explain what can be solved with the following problem:

Since July 2, 2017, I launched a race championship "Blancpain 2Hours GT3 Endurance Series" to race in the server.
    When the first race started at Monza on September 8th, it was already completely wrong in the server. Happening images, flickering cars on the track. Wagons constantly away and back in the image of the race.
    The second race on Silverstone on 6th October was just like Monza. Refreshing images constantly, cars away and back on the track. At last not to be racing. As a consequence, people abandon to race even further.

What should happen to solve this?
    What does this mean that this can happen in the server?

My provider is "Telenet" Belgium.
    From that modem, wired cable to me router (next to me pc) and then back cable from router to pc. Does not work wirelessly.
    I'm not further informed how this all works.
    But for the first time, I'm experiencing this in my server while organizing a championship that is such a problem.

If I'm racing in other Racer race servers, I have not seen these problems yet.

As I set up and run the dedicated server ofb Raceroom, I also rely on my server.
    Is this a problem when my server is running and myself more than one? I do not know.

Therefore, this notice here, I really want this to be solved.
    That is the question that I would like to receive an answer from the people of Raceroom itself.
    Who and where is the problem, and what should happen to solve this?

Needless admin

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in S3S but you probably opened too much slots compared to your upload/download bandwidth. What is missing in the dedicated server tool is an estimation of what your connection is able to hold. In GT6 there was this kind of stuff , testing your connection then limiting the maximum slots you can open.

So you could do tests with people on the server, monitoring your internet connection usage, or increasing slots until people complain about lag...

3. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    If I have to start a race night, only my computer is open. And only one server is open, only that of the race night.

4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm talking about the number of player slots on the server.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  6. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
  7. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Max number of players is set to 42 drivers. This can be the problem. Because then you'll also get the message "Having too many players can result in latency issues".
    I will turn back to 35 riders Max. Then do not report this.

8. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    My message was sent to the people of Raceroom on October 9 in connection with the reported problem.

But after 9 days still no answer.
    Yes, please return a response if you find the time. :(

9. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    this problem most likely stems from network issues.
    Basically, what happens is that the internet connection is too slow to refresh the position of all cars and vanishes them to prevent errors from happening.
    It would be best for you to check the max of players you can connect with minimal problems.
    Basically: Try with 20, if it works, increase it. if it does not work, decrease it, until you get a number you can be sure everything works.

• Informative Informative x 1