Raceroom AI )-;

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacodel, Dec 11, 2017.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think he's giggling now, because we're answering this topic.
    I really think, he's kidding us :)

2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Bullshit, jacodel.

Open your eyes and watch the facts. You can blame S3 and R3E in many ways, but surely not for the AI.
    (ok, the touching from behind should be more minimized, but touching from behind is not a bad thing in general)

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Since some months now I considered the AI in RR and AC to be very close, but with the latest update in GT3, RR has taken the lead. Both AIs are nicely aware of players cars and with the established cars (to differ for exmaple GT3 from GTX) do what they can do avoid contact, even accept to roll over the green sometimes, but the AI in RR has more fangs and claws, is fighting more, and surprises me time and again with divebombing into that tiny free space that I left open in front of me for that half a second too long. :D It also starts more rumbles against its own AI cars, then in AC.

Very good both they are, with RR having the edge. RR's AI is the best racing AI I have ever seen in a racing game so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Disagree. Assetto Corsa's AI is very average and quite dumb in some ways. R3E has always been well ahead of AC for AI.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jacodel

jacodel New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    JESUS...NO!!!!!

6. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    They still struggle to overtake and they still act weird when going around a car that is stopped/crashed in the middle of the track. I compared it today with CARS2 and the AI there does suffer from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Speaking about AI and mentioning Assetto Corsa is the mother of all jokes in this universe. And if there are parallel universes then there too. It simply doesn´t exist.

What is existing in AC regarding AI is the most defensive AI ever seen. That is far away from racing. Let you always pass does NEVER EVER overtake and so on. You can make them stop behind you on every single meter on the track. But this is the luck of Raceroom. AC with really good AI ... byebye R3E...I am just honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Put Raceroom AI, FFB, gearbox, sound, track animation (dudes on the side of the road I mean), race oriented content and it's bye bye R3E. But maybe just put AC's content, the ability to change TC and ABS on the fly for cars that have it and tyre compounds and deformation into R3E and... Assetto what? ;)

9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Then Assetto byebye...big hello to R3E....thats the price of meritocracy and competition :)

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    You sure it's not driver error?

I can stay side-by-side for a whole sector with Raceroom AI, there is nothing wrong with it. The only issues I have with AI is where it's 50-50 at fault. An AI driver can only deal with so much bullshit. Deep divebombs in random corners, bumping or things that shouldn't happen will obviously end in tears.

11. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I usually end up spectating the battle that takes place in front of me.. GTR3 AI battles eachother pretty well!