Raceroom and simucube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hervé45, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Full agree with you. I am tired of changig the DOR for different cars in the Simucube Software. Even RF2 has made it possible...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom and my SC2 don't seem to like each other very much at all since the update. Even with the newly provided .rcs I'm having major problems trying to get it to feel anything close to realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Have a friend with a simcube1 who gave up on R3E today :(
    Tried helping him for over two hours starting with deleting simbin folder then checking the forums...etc then he tweaked every setting there is to tweak (in game and in simcube) but still unfortunately nothing helped and the end result there was no feel at all. I was really puzzled by that.
    Since there is already logitech, Thrustmaster, fanatec and accuforce profiles why not include one for Simcube?

5. Mixer49

Mixer49 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom and Simucube2, why is it so hard for you ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I found a very strange issue by using SC2 pro.
    First thing first, I use my old rcs file to play after game update, it can be played without any issue, just same old FFB feeling.
    Then I started to change to new default SC2 profile as mention by sector3, I feel very great and totally different FFB, ***BUT***
    This only last for around 10mins, then now the wheel will auto spinning left brutally to left and FFB inverted!

I am now trying to clean install the game again to see if there is any help on it........

7. M-Bimmer

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    How did it go? Any good news?

8. haythum86

haythum86 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    so sad for my SC1

9. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  10. M-Bimmer

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
  11. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    (Yes. Sine Wave is a canned effect. Sine Wave is for the slip effect.) <--- have to correct that. I thought about it and I think it was for the main forces, lateral and vertical. The square wave was for some canned effect I think.... have to test it...

My settings for the SC1 are now:

Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 0%
    Force Feedback Damper: 0%

Steering Force Intensity: 40% (when you want to change the overall strength always use this one here)
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 0%
    Understeer: 15%
    Vertical Load: 50%
    Lateral Force: 40% (when set too high the wheel wants to snap to the center)
    Steering Rack: 20% (honestly?.. I don't really feel a difference between 0 or 20 or 30%...)

Slip Effect: 2% (just for a tiny bit of grain while sliding)
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 0%
    Shift Effect: 6% (just a personal preference)
    Collision Effect: 0%

In the "steering_wheels.xml" file in the raceroom steam folder (...\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General) I changed following:

<key type="uint32">224007888</key> <!-- Simucube -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">false</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>

The red value is originally set to false. setting it to true will get you the stationary damping.

In the Simucube Software (v0.50.4) my settings are the following:

Overall Strength: 100% (12.9 A in my case with the Small Mige)

SC1_1.jpg
    click on it for bigger view.

You see on the left side I use Damping 4% and Friction 1% (you can use own preferences. Best tested at Döttinger Höhe on Nordschleife. If you can drive it without hands on the wheel and it doesnt start oscillating you have a good damping and friction setting).
    That's to prevent the wheel from oscillating on straights, also it has a more meaty feel with it. This is for a rolling car and the damping here is less than the stationary damping from Raceroom. (You can also use a higher setting in the reconstruction filter for more "meat". The higher the number, the more damping "rubber" is around the tyres. 1 always worked best for me in raceroom. In other sims I use like 3 (ACC) or 5 (rF2))
    Damping on the right side is for the stationary damping that comes from Raceroom. 20% is pretty heavy but I like it. It has a good difference to the other damping I use so you can get a really heavy wheel when the car is standing still and it doesn't lighten up too much when you start rolling. (Actually I use now 0% here and it still works nicely.. lol... just don't put it to 100% to dial it down, my Mige vibrated so much, I thought it will leave the planet)

A good test track is Bilster Berg, when it's going uphill after the blind left you feel if your lateral force is too much or not. And always use the FFB meter. I'm far far away from clipping so there is plenty room to get certain cars stronger with the FFB multiplier in the car setup menu, but I usually go with the preset multipliers and they all have good differences (servo aided steering or not etc).

!!! But watch out, the kerbs on Bilster Berg are very flat and you don't really feel most of them. So test kerb feeling on tracks like the new Ningbo or Autodrom Most !!!

The vibrations of the kerbs are often so good that it goes from the simucube through my aluminium rig straight into my seat and ass-cheeks :)

As long as Raceroom doesn't have the option to automatically adjust steering rotation for each car I use 540° globally. In Raceroom I set the graphical rotation to 540° in the game settings. Just on a side note.

Hope this will help some fellow SC1 users.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  13. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    You should be careful with Sawtooth. Almost broke my fingers on Bilster Berg when I got off the track. Your Damping setting is much too high in my opinion. Actually I use 0 on all three "Other Filters". The best setting so far for me is just the default SimuCUBE 2018 profile with Forced Feedback Damper set to zero in game.

Btw the Direct Input Effects that RRRE is using are only Sine Wave, Square wave and Sawtooth as far as I noticed. So it doesn't make sense to set values for any other of the Direct Input Effects.

It would be nice if a Dev would explain how the Direct Input Effects are to use best. Unfortunately only Fanatec DD users are getting a special service here as it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @Kollo
    What is this Square wave ?
    I don't know how it is used

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Kollo

I slightly disagree. Damping and friction for me is key to a good and realistic feeling of the wheel. Of course you can use less but everything on 0 is really not what I get from the steering in my real car. Maybe you don't have to put it to 4% but it should be some. I think 2% is good too but at 0 it will start oscillating on straights when you get your hands off, or with fast direction changes it can build up an oscillation, even at 2%.

My setting is basically just the Simucube preset with less lateral force I guess...

I just set every Direct Input Effect on 100 as a default and then just dialed "damping" down to 20%. In fact you should avoid starting at 100 because my servo started vibrating as hell. I now have set it to 0 and for some reason still have a good stationary damping beyond my 4% damping from the simucube itself.

Forces are very gentle in my settings, and no Sawtooth involved (it's only active when you use the Kerbs effect, but I wouldn't recommend!). I didn't get the Square wave to kick in.. don't know what activates it, it's always on standby no matter what.

Having unused DI Effects on 0 or 100 doesn't really matter. The DI effect damping is used when you turn damping on in the xml file.

I use a Momo Mod28, so not the largest diameter. For bigger diameter wheels the steering force intensity should be put higher.

16. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what Square wave does but it can be seen in the SimuCUBE tool that it is active. What encoder do you use? Maybe it can make a difference too. I have a Biss-C encoder.

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    - effect not in use
    ○ effect is created and running, but its values are not actively changed by the game
    ● effect is created, and its values are being actively controlled by the game

source: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_Firmware_User_Guide

the white dot is everything I got at the square wave.

18. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that some of the Direct Input effects seem to switch between the various states.

I'm guessing that's how it's supposed to be?

dfc44457b7c6100fe3a2e8e969cde99e0bc509f5_2_808x1000.jpeg
    6f1460ddef896be0448e71b66f5c69b6f3dfda42_2_812x1000.jpeg
    cbffc4c2e2cf03fa13311277703ccaf2a997a3d7_2_812x1000.jpeg

19. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Only sine wave is actif

20. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0