RaceRoom. Best sim on the market.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foofer37, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    To all the Sector 3 staff:
    Thank you for this great sim. Thank you for the latest update which includes major updates to the game, which most of us know about by now. I had a couple issues after installing the update, they were minor, so I chose to reinstall the game completely.
    Now, all I can say is, that this sim is even better than before. The updates and changes you guys have made really push this sim to the top. I have always loved RR, but now it is even so much better. Thank you to all of you for your hard work. Please keep it going. I have always supported you by buying cars and tracks. I also just purchased the new 911 GT3 R 2019 and it is sooooo awesome.

Also, I love the fact that this car has a plain black 'test' skin, which is very cool. So when I practice I can drive that one as it is the test car. So cool. (Please do this for all the cars in game!)

So, thank you all very much. Keep up the amazing work. R3E is my go to favorite sim.
    P.S. I also have always appreciate the humble attitude of your company. You quietly just do your thing and it's refreshing. Some other companies are so arrogant!

Thanks again!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. caj9791

caj9791 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I play ACC and am new to Raceroom. Imo ACC has great sounds(maybe even a little more accurate) but obviously only GT3. Overall though I think Raceroom has the best sound of all sims. And for me that's probably just as important as the graphics for immersion.

On another note though, this most recent update is amazing. A few hiccups, but overall the new physics are amazing. I have just a Thrustmaster TMX and it feels way more realistic in FFB than any other sim. I've been mainly playing ACC, AC, and iRacing. This is my new go to sim.

• Like Like x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Uh guys come on, cut some slack here. I just recently got hooked to ACC as well and I didn't touch it since Early Access because of that catastrophic start and I never go over there, cause I appreciate the familliar atmo here much more (also being a dedicated RRE nerd :D) but it has become a decent sim so far (imo) and of course such a next generation project is to be expected more demanding - not to forget that S3 is consequently working on RRE for about 8 years now. (Though I use ACC just for singleplay tbh ) Let the fanboys be fanboys, we are all more or less, are we ? Personal bad experiences should not be the reason to become mean in response or to degrade the actual product.. . But yes, that ongoing "my sim is better than your sim" goes extremely on my nerves too :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My post was a very appropriate thanks and praise to the folks at Sector3. I should have known it would be hijacked.
    I'll continue to express my thanks to S3 and praise the game.
    Thanks again S3!!

5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Guys, we all enjoy different things in life and sim racing is no exception. All sims have their good and not so good points. Lets just settle back and accept the different opinions with being snarky.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For myself RRE and ACC are the best sims for GT and Touring cars on the market - is topped using iRacing and Rf2 after I got into RRE this Fall.

Where ACC has a clear edge is the electronic side of the cars. There is a lot of room for improvement in RRE regarding the realistic resembling of the traction control options in the GT3 and GT4 cars with TC1 and TC2 Maps and - for myself most importantly - the ABS mapping and sound to really be able to modulate the ABS. Engine Mappings of course would be nice, too. Of course I have no idea how much information regarding those topics is available and how much work would have to go into this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    No one mentions AMS? :O The FFB is the best on the market.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Never tried because no VR-support which is a no go for me

9. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Nope. No one mentions it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. John Something

John Something New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It’s a good sim for offline, racing private or in a league. The pickup races are horrible, Forza quality most of the time. It would be nice for them to move away from server lobbies or at least implement some matching or auto kicking of idiots going backwards, not braking in turns etc etc.
    This is what they need to improve to take to the next level imho.

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well after diving in a bit more with ACC there are surely a few bugs left and the game is poorly optimized performance wise, specially if your not an owner of a super duper high-end system. But after reading and fiddling round for some time I found a good balance between power and glory :D. And ACC is still promising for what may lay ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    It was and I didn't direct it exclusively at you (specially the "mean" part) ;)

13. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is what we really mean when we say sim X is the best sim. In reality there is no best sim as we are all looking for different things and no sim does everything. Say "Sim X is the best sim" even on a sim's own forum and you will start a debate. Say "Sim X is my favorite sim" and no one can really argue with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    1 Rfactor 2 = psygics..best ffb in town 2AMs best ffb in town a lot or nice tracks specialy historic tracks 3 AC not the best ffb but depent .. what kind of wheel do you have ... on my g27 it was worse on my dd it is good. content manager is a heaven !!
    4 RRE a lot of fun. KING !! or tracks and stable on my system always, very nice in VR after rfactor 2 a very good nordschleife I like the updates but I miss some road feel. If this fixed maybe this is in my top 3 ohh and I like the gt4 bmw

15. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    depents what kind of wheel you have...... agree with the AMS any maybe the bmw M2.. I must try this car. But the porsche cup car (Rfactor2 is very good and I like the FFB specialy the tire psygics.. nobody come close to this. driving on ice... I am from the time of Grandprix legends.. maybe is RRE a little bit to easy to drive because of the (to) much grip. But I enjoy it. But I can`t get a good feel on my dd...........

• Agree Agree x 1