Raceroom Car Class Lookup List: October 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    For those interested in my obsession with listing stuff... my car class list has been updated!
    THIS LIST IS NOW OUT OF DATE
    UPDATED 6 October 2019
    Let me know of errors and I will fix.

upload_2019-10-6_10-51-53.png
    upload_2019-10-6_10-52-26.png

Much of it is self explanatory but here's the detail:

Physics era:

Old: prior to mid-2015 "floaty". Still loved by many though, especially DTM 92.
    New: mid-2015 to late-2017. Improved - not floaty.
    Newest: the latest physics (since late-2017) from Alex Hodgkinson
    Physics latest update:
    The date of most recent physics update for this class (information from Alex).
    If the cell is purple the date shown is date of release - I'm assuming no updates since.
    If the cell is purple with white date: lost in the mist of time but likely to be 2013.
    ADAC: I'm assuming they are all based on main GT3 class physics.
    Note that WTCC 2017 was a livery update only so physics date is same as WTCC 2016.
    Ranked newest to oldest: shows the very latest physics as 1, ranked through to oldest physics. Note that for some older cars release date rather than physics date is shown (purple date) so this leads to some classes (e.g. DTM 2013 and 2014) being ranked lower than they 'deserve'. In these cases 'physics era' is the better guide.
    PIT: a class shown as IN the pits is currently receiving a physics overhaul which will be released... soon
    TM.
    ABS: whether or not the cars in class have factory ABS - note that ABS can still be turned on/off as desired for all cars (multiplayer restrictions may apply and penalties apply for using 'artificial' ABS on cars without factory ABS).
    Traction Control: whether or not the cars in class have factory traction control - note that traction control can still be turned on/off as desired for all cars (multiplayer restrictions may apply and penalties apply for using 'artificial' TC on cars without factory TC).
    Adjustable tyre pressures: whether or not the cars in class have adjustable tyre pressures. Note that other cars may appear to have adjustable pressures in the menu but this is an illusion.
    Gearbox: classes with full manual gearbox allowing use of H-pattern shifter
    PI: performance index - a value that defines the performance of every car class. Some classes that fall under the same Balance of Performance (BOP) share the same Performance index. That means these classes will be grouped together on the grid and listed as one class in the results. The lower the PI number the better the lap time from that class (all else being equal).
    PI rank: shows where class sits relative to other classes.
    Car ID: ID for these cars in game code.
    HP range: range of horsepower across class
    (NB partly based on Filip Carlen's car specs)
    Weight range: range of weight (kg) across class. (NB partly based on Filip Carlen's car specs)
    Drive: whether front, rear or 4 wheel drive.
    Car model year(s): year of manufacture for cars in class. Fictional cars shown with F. (NB partly based on Filip Carlen's car specs)
    Wheel range
    Steering lock

Credits:

Based on information posted by @Alex Hodgkinson, @OtterNas3, @axxis278 and @Georg Ortner plus my own sleuthing.
    Power, weight and year fields based on Filip Carlen's car specs - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-racing-experience-carspec-sheet.163612/#post-2894887.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The last physics update dates are wrong for the Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 and DTM 2013-2015. The Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 was updated when the 2016 version was released, and the older DTM cars were updated with the DTM 2016 physics in the meantime. Apart from that, WTCC 2016 and 2017 had a small physics update on 31-01-2018.

3. NoobJunglerGG

NoobJunglerGG New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's one mistake here. Touring Classics should be listed as 4WD/RWD

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This should be pinned. Alex Hodgkinson cars are truly an experience from other world to drive. The cars feel so alive and connected that i always check this spreadsheet to choose which car to from him to test next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Kind words! Thanks to a lot of help from @Thomas Jansen we're about to take things up another level soon.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Herman Shek

Herman Shek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any update to this list? Is the car list for Physics still the same in May 2020?

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    no, its outdated

8. Esr Admin

Esr Admin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    time for an update !! pls

9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester