Problem RaceRoom crashed twice

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arthur Spooner, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I was doing a few free practice laps inspired by the ranked schedule with the Carrera Cup classic on Salzburgring and the game crashed to desktop twice doing so. It happened when going into turn 11 (the fast right hander after the long backstretch) both times. Both times the FFB at the moment the game crashed got stuck, so the wheel constantly banged onto its left softlock until I either switched it off or restarted RR.

No crash logs were generated, but I attached the normal logs from the last session that crashed.

My Hardware:
    Mainboard: Asus PRIME Z370-P
    CPU: Core i7 8700k
    RAM: 32 GB (2x16 GB Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2666C16)
    GPU: GTX 1070 from MSI with 8 GB (forgot the exact name)
    SSD: Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
    Fanatec CSW 2.5 with the older universal hub for XBox one (not the most recent one)
    Fanatec CSP V3 connected directly to the wheelbase
    Fanatec CS Shifter SQ 1.5 also connected to the wheelbase
    Corsair Void Pro wireless 7.1 headset
    DIY Arduino button box.

My software:
    Win 11
    nVidia driver 511.23
    Fanatec driver 429, all firmwares updated to this version
    Corsair iCue 4.19.191 for the headset

No CrewChief, no Otterhud, no DXVK, no Afterburner, no Reshade, no overclocking (GPU is slightly OC from factory, but it was some silent card, so really only a bit). Actually everything more or less vanilla, the whole OS installation is quite fresh.

@Andi Goodwin, maybe you could forward this to the devs, and maybe they find something. RaceRoom really only crashed very few times on me over all those years, so 2 crashes the same evening stand out quite a bit for me... :cool:
    In case I can dig up any more information, some config file or whatever, that could be useful, just ask.

Attached Files:

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    havent managed to find out how the ell to stop raceroom crashing after races (at least its after the race right) but im onto the suspicion that its a windows issue, because it started the same time as a major windows kernel change, a few of us have made it stable as raceroom can be rn with a totally clean windows install, fully formatted new drives and all. a raceroom reinstall doesnt do anything anymore. havent tried overwriting the windows installer. but those who are fresh are pretty right as rain currently