Resolved RaceRoom hangs when opening a replay

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arthur Spooner, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Anybody else having problems with replays since today's update? Every time I load a replay the game totally hags up itself. I can go to the replay menu, select the replay to watch and it loads, but as soon as it should play it hangs.

Have to restart the PC every time this happens, as there is no way back to the desktop anymore. Alt+Tab or WIN+Tab don't work - I can see other programs like Discord running, but selecting them just reverts back to the fullscreen hung up RaceRoom.

I tried several replays I watched before without problems more than once, one of them even yesterday, none of them is working anymore. It's a totally fresh install from a few days ago - Windows 11 and RaceRoom. No mods, no Crew Chief, no Ottehud no other command line parameters, just vanilla. And I also just tried to delete the graphics_options.xml to let the game create a new one, but this also didn't do anything.

Loading into a practice session worked fine, although I couldn't drive as my rig is not connected right now. The first time the game hung itself up I could only see a black screen, the other times I could see the replay ui, but was looking at some wall from 1 cm distance. I could click buttons until I actually clicked on play, when the replay got stuck and I had to reboot. Added the logs from the last "session".

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou , in the bug tracker

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here, it seems replays done with the current version work fine but not older ones.

4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    My replay starts then control bar disapears and it hangs at first frame.

5. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    A hotlap replay from yesterday (DTM Challenge) worked fine, but the replay of the ranked endurance from Wednesday did not work. I can load the replay, see only sky (or sth like that), when I press start, the application hangs up, then a windows message is coming, that the app is not working anymore, and I have to close it.
    Had no crashfile, only logs.

Attached Files:

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    We are on it , we found the cause

Andi

• Like Like x 4
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Marked as "Resolved" with todays update. Thanks a lot! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1