Raceroom in 4K?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jack Mitchell, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I see Raceroom has a video on their YouTube page about supporting 4k - Posted a good while ago mind. Still says Simbin at the start of the video!

How has this progressed? Do many people play this in 4k?

Looking for a monitor upgrade - I don't have the space for 3 screens :)() so want to go for the best picture quality available. Of course, upgrading to 4k would need some GPU upgrading but would be nice to get an idea of if it's worth the jump?

2. romano-14

romano-14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jack,
    Sorry for my bad english but I'm french. I play in 4K, you can see my pictures (3840x2160) here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93250497@N04/

What GPU do you want ? I have a Inno3d GTX980Ti and it's a minimum to play at 60FPS (max setting)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Wow - they look great!

I'm currently running a GTX 970 MSI but of course, would expect to double up on that, or even a GTX 980 ti

4. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    If you can accept slightly reduced effects (shadow medium, reflections low, shader medium) while having details (track, car, etc.) on max, keep your 970! It runs fine at 60 Hz on most tracks even with a full grid. Just lower AA settings but you don't need them that high on 4k anyway;)

A second 970 is no option atm, as R3E does not support SLI yet. I hope, this will change soon! ;) waiting to get my second card utilized...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to bump older thread...how did you feel about upgrading to 4k from 1080? Blown away? Lukewarm? Just wondering how much better r3e looks in 4k. Thanks!

6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Elite Dangerous had a system for screenshotting in 4k even tho the "standard" resolution was in use while playing. F10 and you would take regular screenshot, Alt+F10 would snapshot in 4k. Would be nice to have this option here as well!