Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    First race today with SRS, after I added my launch parameter of - vr 2.0 in SRS options I registered for the race, 90's DTM Nosring. I was playing pC2 when the timer went to 0 I shut down pC2 and clicked join and moved all apps to find the Steam authority hiding in the background, clicked OK and put the HMD on.
    Great race although I only came 7th it was fun and not to much ruckus.
    I'll be back tonight.

2. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    i'm addicted...SRS is AMAZING !!! had some truly brilliant races there. i normally race with Race Dept and they are superb and everyone races respectfully. i'm seeing this here too. last night at Silverstone with the F4 i had one of the best sim races i have ever had. truly brilliant battling. lost out on my podium at the last chicane. SO MUCH FUN !!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Checked it out and yes : Easy to install , easy to run, didn't start a race so far cause the track & car rotation is a bit boring (GT3 well okay always worth a race and from today on there's Imola on the list, at least)
    WTCC well ok, we had not much WTCC events during the last two years, do we ? :rolleyes: :D,
    Tautus F4, well I havn't bought RRE for Open Wheelers , thats for sure (who did anyway ?)and
    DTM 92 well, yeah, okay...all are "ok" in their own right but I would prefer more diversity.....
    But then SRS is actually more of a ''casual gamer" system to hop in and having fun and for that it seems to be perfect, so I probably cannot expect too much in terms of scheduled events...or a lot of variety regarding track & car rotation.......

4. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    the WTCC are so much fun...love them. At RD they don't get as much love as i would like so i've been having a blast. felt the same about the F4 before racing but man had some awesome battles with them at silvers. GT3 ...don't like portmaio...well it don't like me but them at imola gonna be awesome. assume the car line-up will change over time, would like to run the modern dtm's. as for the casual racer ....the standard of racing is very good, much better than public servers and a lot more respectful too. i've some heavy hitters racing too. all in all i think it's awesome. for me, i've been flirting with the idea of iracing to get some online racing at anytime but this has met my needs big style !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    SRS has transformed an excellent sim into an addictive one

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one not impressed with SRS? For me it's 99% waiting for a race 1% racing. Every time I think about racing it's a couple minutes past a full hour so I need to wait almost an hour for a race, when I come back few minutes before the race, it disappears or the registration is closed. I managed to get one race the whole week. And then the race ends almost 30mins before next one starts... So more waiting... The way it is I prefer open lobbies.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Obviously, in the first week of use of SRS the variety and the categories are limited since it is in the testing phase.

It would be nice to perform static competitions (like DTM, GT3, F1) with other random categories depending on a license (like in iracing).

However, as I said, it is still early. If participation increases significantly, improvements will come. Without participation, the system will die.

8. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    They did this with AC but because the player base is small it ended up just being a race with 6 or 7 guys. If the player count maintains these numbers It will probabily be done again.

9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    If the race is over at half an hour, you can practice for the next race....
    So not really waiting but racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, just registered and hopped in for two races, didn't know it's still test phase.
    And regarding "it will die without participation" with these two races I watched more than 20 drivers registered for each, but only a handful hitting the track eventually (something I know well from organizing funevents via my own community)......ok maybe it's getting better during the evening

11. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman
    Every grid consists of 20 drivers, so if there are 49 drivers registered, there are only 9 drivers within the third grid. At least this is what I read, that it’s like... no evenly distribution. So if this was one of your first races, you were placed in the last grid and that’s why it was not complete.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman
    The servers are max. 20 drivers filled, say if z.b. 47 there are 2 servers with 20 drivers each and one with the remaining 7 drivers. Apparently you ended up in the remaining server in both races.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Friedrich
    Sorry war zu langsam!
    @Fairman
    Du warst auf dem Norisring und in Imola jeweils auf dem zweiten Server mit den restlichen Fahrern.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Strange
    Last week i was in a server with 23 drivers

15. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    3 van de Coureurs zaten er wel in de Snackbar met een Broodje Kroket. :rolleyes:

16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Nothing more to say : :rolleyes: o_O

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    instead they should equally split the servers

like 46 drivers then 2 servers with 23 drivers and not 2 with 20 and 1 with 6. Or 2 with 15 and 1 with 16... don't know

18. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Those of you who raced the F4 at Silverstone last week are going to love Mid-Ohio. The car setup I ran at Silverstone was my setup that I originally tuned for Mid_Ohio for an RD race in January. No changes needed. I really like open wheelers. I hope they run the FRX17 at some point, even though I still can't figure out why I get a loud clunk with it at times.
    I'm happy to see Portmaio go away.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I still don't have a rating after 2 races!
    How many does it take?

20. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    The driver per server depends on the track/car combo (i think only the car but not 100% sure). I have seen 19 and 23. It has a max of 4 servers so maximum drivers are between 76 and 92 depending on the track and car and after that you simply can't register for the race. You will hit register choose a car and it will take you back to the main screen.
    Also the way they fill it up is, if the limit of drivers is 19 for example and 20 show up. 19 go on server 1, 1 goes to server 2.

Edit (again): from what it seems that 1 dude on server 2 gets 1st place and points as long as he "races".