Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Apparently it is...

I completely failed.:oops:

Not that my intention was to fake anything or be dishonest... I simply used my R3E username in creating an SRS name and was officially blackballed.

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to use your real name. It just has to be a real-like name and has to match your r3e name. No one is checking your id.

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all who tried to help. My account has been deleted by SRS - but I think the whole thing was a misunderstanding (whether on my part or theirs I'm not sure :) - probably mine!!).

Good news is I simply repeated the process from the start and this time I was activated within minutes. And it's all working fine. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've now sorted this triple screen launch command issue.

1. Remove triple screen command from Steam launch option and leave field blank. (It's essential to do this as the SRS game server will not launch after joining otherwise)
    2. Add the triple screen launch option, (in my case -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60), to your SRS user profile. (User CP / Edit Profile / RRE cmd)

Joining an SRS game server will now be possible and in-game the cockpit display and FOV are correctly configured based on the -triScr command used.

Outside of using the SRS app, (i.e. when playing Single Player / in-game Multiplayer) and to avoid having to constantly add and remove the triple monitor command to/from the Steam launch option, I have created a new game launcher with the triple monitor command built in, (which does not affect SRS), as follows:

1. Locate the game executable, RRRE.exe (For me the path is: e:/games/steamapps/common/raceroom racing experience/game/RRRE.exe)
    2. Right click on RRRE.exe and select Send to / Desktop (create shortcut)
    3. Right click on the desktop shortcut, select Properties and add your -triScr command to the end of the Target field ONLY and after the quote marks. (Also add a space)
    4. My Target field now looks like this:
    "e:/games/steamapps/common/raceroom racing experience/game/RRRE.exe" -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60
    5. Click Apply to save.

Now, whenever I want to play the game outside of SRS, I simply use this launcher without having to worry about adding the triple monitor Steam launch option back and I can leave this field permanently empty thus avoiding a potential future conflict with SRS.

Note also that, when using this shortcut, Steam will ask you to verify the launch every time based on the additional launch parameter.

FWIW I've also created a second desktop game launcher, using the exact same procedure detailed above, for vr, (using the usual -vr command), although if I want to use vr for SRS then I still need to amend the RRE.cmd in the user profile accordingly. However once again, the benefit of having a dedicated launcher means that you don't need to ever worry about adding / removing the necessary command to/from the Steam launch option again.

Hope the above proves useful!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    is the system kinda raw or is it just me?I get incidents when I even touch the wall at norisring ,also when people intentionally hit meo_O

6. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I got into SRS few days ago, had 2 races in Imola GT3 that went well. No incidents, T1 went smooth, all look good almost boring... as i didnt have battles on 2th place.
    And then came my third race yesterday. Server 1, top drivers, and look what happened on lap1.
    I was crashed by the idiots in both incident and probably got my reputation points down rate same as them.
    It doesnt look much different from public server racing...

I have to say the participation/servers fill-up in SRS R3E is great and i think i will enjoy it comparing to public servers participation where only few tracks/car classes gets good amount of participation.
    But can this platform really keep the bad unrespectful drivers away from the good ones ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how the accident points works but i got some when i get hit by a car behind.
    But it's a good thing to race with SRS
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @Nir Tal
    Shit happens!

And by the way, you rammed me just the same way as in the first accident a few time ago of the track.
    So everyone was a beginner in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

it is a shame to always see the same again, it was good at the beginning but now:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think SRS is getting worse than the public servers this weekend. I just did an Lotus 25 race on AC and got rammed 3 times, the last was a car going backwards down the back straight. I think some of the wreckers joined just to screw the rest of us. I had less than 1 incident per race before this. Why were noobs with a "0" driver rating even in my race? I was in the top third of driver rankings before this.

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If you really want super-clean and smooth racing you've got to join a closed community - and even there you can have a bad day.But you can't expect that in publicly arranged races whatsoever and btw. that sections of Imola are most delicate anyway. So, from what I see the accidents are a result of overambition and either underestimating Imola or overestimating one's abillities, not neccessarily by the intention to wreck unprovoked - which from my experience is quiet normal with different skill levels on the track and drivers that don't know each other, mostly.
    Sometimes, yes sometimes all fits together when entering a public server, but that's the (highly appreciated) exception...

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    You can expect clean racing in publicly arranged races - thats what SRS is for.
    When u race in such system, where u know u will loose rating for stupid behaviour, u should be extra cautious in lap1 T1 - the most dangerous part of the race.
    In this case the guy was in p4 or 5 on the grid, so no excuses applys compared to starting from the back where ppl in front brake earlier to T1 which can surprise u.
    The second incident/s was pure stupidity/un-respectfulness... the guy doesnt respect others, just going full power, after his spin, to get back to the race, taking out 3-4 others on the way

13. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I find some of the better drivers highly aggressive.
    On another note , what happens after the season is over , do we get a grading or something like that or is it strictly the points system.. they don't seem to mean anything. If there are multi servers running do all the higher ratings get paired together..
    My rating is fairly good but by no means am I that good a driver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree here - touching the wall I guess is fair enough - it is an incident! BUT! Like you I got incident points for being rammed from behind and sideswiped by some rather vigorous opponents....not my fault but I still get pinged for it! Take it for what it is I guess.

Chris

15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    One guy says he shouldn't get penalized for ramming someone from behind.
    One guy says he shouldn't be penalized for getting rammed from behind.

16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    seems like too many people enjoy it, website is down again

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    how are people doing 1m 41's around Imola in a gt3 car? Is that not a bit unrealistic?

18. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea, although I use the default set up my all time best in this game with a gt3 car is a low 1:44. Having said that I don't race much and use 12 year old equipment which is a good excuse in my book.:D

19. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I would be delighted with anything under 1:45, these guys must be seriously riding the curbs and know exactly where to cut the track and get away it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Imola is a fairly new track though and takes time to learn. The way I look at it is , imagine if you took up driving a real gt3 car , how long would you have to drive in order to keep pace with the fastest drivers who have done thousands of laps. The game is no different. Some guys are naturally fast yes but I believe a vast amount of practice is required.. I'm not that quick and would probably be in the midpack range of 1:44/1:45 but in the last year the biggest difference for me I noticed was consistency. A year ago I was wildly inconsistent but now can get my laptimes usually within half a second. And improving. But again I can' race every day and maybe average 5-6 hours a week if lucky. I watch Georg Ortner and he is one of the faster guys but he streams sometimes 4 and 5 times a week and 3 hours at a time. His lines look similar to mine as well as breaking points but is much quicker.
    Leaderboard challenge I think is the way to go to improve.