Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've only been able to get into 1 of the 3 races I've tried. The latest one comes up with an error of content server code 20103 whatever that means. I'm almost ready to give up on this SRS thing.
    The already thin public servers are getting even more quiet in the past 2 days. Today I had to go to the AC servers to find people to race with and I don't even like AC.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're not getting these when launching the game normally?
    Have you made sure that that "check content" option in your SRS profile in unticked?

3. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I never get those problems with the regular online servers. I went online with same car and track combo to check right after SRS failed. Porsche GT3R at Portmaio. It worked fine without SRS.
    I did disable content check and got into a WTCC race yesterday. I did have that problem as well on my first race.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    hmm, you might have noticed that there were some content server errors due to some issues with Steam update transmission recently. Usually those should also occur when using the game normally if you'd be affected, but who knows...
    Might be worth giving this a try: https://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/1696040635902357155/

EDIT: Probably might just skip the normal verification and delete the game's exe right away. Maybe it improves the situation for you..

5. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    i have raced 3 times with no problems whatsoever other than i had someone in my mirror appearing and disappearing due to high ping but thats all

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like it might be worth giving it another try, they sorted a few issues apparently: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2515
    Also make sure you're using the latest version of their app: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2435

7. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody know, what to do to solve the problem, cars not shown in the select screen?
    After I click "regsiter" I get an box instead of cars shown.
    I already delselected "RRE content detection"....

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried what they suggested on the SRS forum?

• Like Like x 1
  9. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I do not know, what and where to find this option...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Go to where the SRS exe file is (...Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64), right click SRS.exe and select properties. Then select the compatibility tab:
    Unbenannt.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot...will give it a try tonight

12. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Sorry had to prepare for a league race, so did no further races with SRS, but hopefully I’ll have some time tonight to test it…

13. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I hope everyone gets SRS working because it is fantastic so far. I have had 3 incredible races, clean battles all around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have tried it myself without the startup on steam and it works fine now so you only need the -vr on SRS

• Like Like x 1
  15. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The thing is, if there's a system which actually rates your driving and you care about it, you REALLY do everything you can not to hit anybody and ruin his (and yours) race. Public multiplayer lacked this kind of approach but SRS makes things extremely good!

Its me trying hard. Literally milimeters, but no hit! :p
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Have had 4 races in the past week and apart from 1 all went well!

I must say the driving standards are noticeably higher than in public multiplayer..
    Not perse in regards to laptimes from drivers, but as mentioned above in players doing their best to avoid collisions to have a good rating.

So nice addition to have a solid race each hour.

• Like Like x 3
  17. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Tried that yesterday the first time.
    I have to say that I'm driving with the Oculus Rift CV1. My Start Parameters are "-vr 1,7 monitor"
    So I've deleted those starting parameters in steam, added them to the SRS Control Panel.

Started the Qualifiying and: Absolute blurred image. I've tried a lap, but only could guess the corners. Tried it twice and then gave up.
    What am I doing wrong there?

18. svennek0910

svennek0910 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem at the beginning. I didn´t touch the Steam parameters. Only deleted everything except "-vr" in SRS. After this everything was fine.

19. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Sim racing system is the best thing since sliced bread

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so if I get you right, I have to readd the steam parameters and only leave -vr in SRS settings?