Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. svennek0910

svennek0910 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    It´s the way it worked for me. I started a race on sunday and had this 240x240 picture :) I closed SRS and updated the parameters in my profile on the webpage. Started the app and it was fine. Had another race on tuesday and it was still good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I've done everything just like described in the instructions, but after doubleclicking the SRS.exe nothing is happening, no window or app is opening... checked Bitdefender, started SRS.exe as admin and so on... nothing :(

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Is Steam running?

4. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I deleted all start parameters on Steam, just have -vr on srs profile and i set the supersampling to 1.5 on Steam VR and everything working fine now

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I recommend visiting the forum of http://www.simracingsystem.com since all the problems that you are experiencing are being solved in the forum.

Like other people, I highly recommend participating in SRS, since this way many improvements can be made, such as including licenses, increase of servers, a greater number of categories.

In my opinion it is the ideal place as a meeting point for all Raceroom simracers, and it is not incompatible with championships or private leagues

6. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, Steam is running... I can see the srs-task in the task manager, but no window or somthing similar...

7. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Obviously not all...my problem isn't solved yet... ;)

8. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I had an equal problem. My AVG antivirus blocked it.

What I wanted to recommend is to post the problem in the simracingsystem forum so that the administrator can help you.

TY

• Like Like x 2
  9. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Checked my Bitdefender already, no entries concerning the SRS App... I posted the problem in the simracingsystem forum just a few minutes ago...

Thanks

10. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    That’s also what I did... delete the -vr from the Steam start options and only added this within SRS. Now it works like a charm!

One thing though I experienced with my Rift: I open Steam, open SRS and in the background Oculus is already running (with the Oculus Homespace on the headset). When I now hit the ‚join‘ button in SRS to start the race, a window from Steam pops up on my MONITOR and I can click ‚ok‘. Steam VR starts up and I’m going to the race server.
    Now, for the next race I have to shut down not only Raceroom, but also Steam VR. Why?! When I only close Raceroom, my headset returns to the Steam VR Homeplace and not to the Oculus Homeplace. Now hitting ‚join‘ in SRS for the next race, the Steam window that pops up shows up only on my HEADSET, as a window in the Steam VR Homeplace and there I can’t click the ‚ok‘ button... tried everything, just can’t click on that damn button...

11. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
  12. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Be patient with the results showing up within the stats. Mine juste show up today, about 16 hours after the race...
    ...and it would be good to post it within the official SRS forums, to make your issue ‚official‘... many others did it already...

13. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Registered to srs, but when i hit submit registration button. All fields shows green and no confirmation that its been send?
    It just stays there

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok what do i have to do after registration? I cannot access any site, not the app download, not my private messages etc. It says it's awaiting activation but I got the email and pressed the link and it said it's activated. Yet my profile page says it's not activated. hm

15. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi is anyone with the triple screen parameters in steam got this working...
    My parameter somehow disappeared on steam. I want to try it again but would like to know if there were any issues.
    SRS works fine for me rn

16. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    After you activated it via the email, it still needs to be activated by a moderator.. This can take multiple hours. Then you'll be able to download the app and see the instructions.
    I agree the activation by a moderator is a bit unnecessary..

Greetz

17. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    registered again, it worked

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Trying to join a race I registered for, but nothing happens when I press join?..

19. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    after you press join a little popup appears on steam where you need to hit ok

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No popup from steam, nothing.. Steam is running.