Resolved RaceRoom interfering with bluetooth driver?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PE4, Jul 24, 2017.

1. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I use a PlayStation controller (DualShock 4 v2) via a bluetooth adapter (ASUS USB-BT400) emulated as a XBox controller with InputMapper. Every game runs fine, but sometimes in RaceRoom the inputs get locked in the last position. When I exit the game I get the error in the bar: (00:22:68:bf:6f:b2). I checked the system logs (win7) and it's: "Bluetooth HID device (00:22:68:bf:6f:b2) either went out of range or became unresponsive." If I close InputMapper and Steam and reopen them again the error doesn't appear again. This problem made me avoid multiplayer lately... Is there something I can do?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Only thing I've noticed is that, depending on the USB port you're using, peripherals can start to connect-disconnect very rapidly under certain circumstances, sometimes causing the in-game wheel to freeze at a certain position and only snap back out of that when the device is back.

For me this was caused by plugging the device into a frontside USB port, because those can (depending on your PCs design) fail to deliver the amperage the device is demanding. Same could probably happen if you use a USB extension cable.

So try plugging the adapter directly into one of the backside USB ports, those that are directly connected with the MB. Go as high as you can in terms of USB gen. So if there's a USB 3.x port, try that rather than a 2.0 one.

PS: I assume you've made sure nothing is obstructing the BT wireless connection itself?

3. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I used at first the ports at the back, but signal strength was 3-4 out of 5. In the front is 4-5. The problem never appears with other games, even when playing older games like Crash Time 2 with my nephew when another wireless controller is in use.

4. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The problem persists: it just happened in a multiplayer qualifying session and about 30 minutes later in an AI race when trying the new M235i... Can the devs please try to replicate and solve the problem? A solution might be native support for the PS4 controller so I don't need to use wrappers.

5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Been down this road myself, more to do with hmmm microsoft/pc not supporting sony/ds4 not a case of raceroom supporting ds4 native , I tried all kinds of fixes/emulators in the end went and bought a rock candy xbox 360 controller for $15 problem solved ;)

6. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It seems the solution was to my embarrassment updating the driver of the bluetooth stick. 3 days have past so far without problems.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Don't be embarrassed, you fixed it..!
    That is good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No need to feel ashamed, thanks for sharing your sollution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Great news @PE4 can you change prefix to Resolved thanks

10. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I guess there are some services interfering... Although I restart my system each time before playing RaceRoom, lately I'm having the problem again, most annoyingly in multiplayer races (I'm probably seen as losing control for no apparent reason then quitting). I'm not sure what can be done...

11. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    *cough* buy a wheel *cough*

12. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I've unplugged the bluetooth adapter and I'll run it through a cable.