RaceRoom on Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.mcleod, Apr 19, 2019.

1. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to either change the RaceRoom game on Steam to bind to your account, so the game stays in your account list, or at least add a free DLC that gives the option to do this?

It's irritating always having to search the store for it on PC's I don't have it installed on, rather than being able to navigate to it in my library.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Sounds more like a Steam problem than anything else.
    I've had R3E installed on 3 different machines, and it's always in my library.

3. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If you own any DLC on Steam it will bind to your library, and whilst it is installed, it will feature in your library. But if, like me you own all the content, but have purchased it all through the in game store, the game doesn't show on my games list on PCs that it is not installed on.

Steam provides developers with two options for free games. One where the game only appears in the users library whilst it is installed, the other permanently binds the game to the Steam account. Sector 3 currently have chosen the former, I'd like to see them switch to the latter as it would be much more convenient!

(If someone really wants to clear it from their library if this change was made, there is still an option to do so in the Steam menus).

4. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity... how many PCs should you own and how many times should you install RR on them for this to become irritating? With total respect, I don't really get the problem

• Agree Agree x 4