RaceRoom Packs - Upgrade possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theCarl1337, Apr 11, 2020.

1. theCarl1337

theCarl1337 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I just started with RaceRoom and really like it but the free content is too small for my taste. I'm missing some cars and tracks :)

I'm interested in the Pro or Premium Pack. The premium is a bit too much for me at the moment as I've just upgraded everything on my Simrig.

If I start with the Pro pack and later decide I want more, do I still pay the full price or just the difference in the missing cars / tracks? Like an upgrade?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any thing you already on is deducted from the price of the premium pack

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. theCarl1337

theCarl1337 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Awesome. Great start into the game. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there are any plans to upgrade or update the current packs in shop and on Steam.

Some observations:

- Pro pack still has 2018 WTCR season
    - Tracks like Mazda Raceway and Nurburgring and Zandvoort are duplicated across most packs whereas the US track pack for instance is missing Road America and now Daytona yet has Sonoma, which is also in Pro and Legends packs.
    - There are now enough new tracks to make a Euro track pack 2 or an Asian track pack.
    - The Steam DLC slots are mostly for older vehicles and race seasons. Also a lot of Steam slots are just season updates of the same content with minimal changes. It might be better publicity to offer something like more recent GTR3 or WTCR 2019 packs there.
    - A 2018/2019 GT3 pack is also missing like with the old ADAC ones. The complete GT3 content pack is probably overkill especially when a lot of the cars have poor BOP compared to the newer ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    theCarl1337;

I pretty much did the same thing you are asking. I bought the Starter Pack and a couple of cars shortly after trying and liking the free to play content. Over time I bought a car here, a track there, the US pack and the Euro Pack. Eventually I bought the Premium pack on sale, and it discounted the content I already owned.

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Be sure to buy a VRP pack off the shop first and then redeem the vrp code in the store.
    Vrp packs are discounted and with the 10000vrp pack you can buy the premium pack. The 10k vrp pack is discounted 35% so you end up paying 65€ for the premium pack instead of 100€ when using steam wallet.

I always like to buy the 10k or 5k vrp pack once in a while. I put them into my account and then slowly eat them up by buying newly released content over the months/years.

Edit: I just saw that I'm super late to the party lol. Didn't pay attention to the date of the opening post