RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shardshunt, Feb 24, 2015.

?

Which class of car sounds the best too you?

1. GTR1

2. GTR2

3. GTR X

4. GTR 3/ ADAC Masters

5. DTM 92/ Touring Classics

6. DTM '14

7. WTCC

8. G5 Classics

9. Prototype / Aquila

10. Silhouette/ Hillclimb icons

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Post your R3E Audio Clips in here!
    before patch
    https://soundcloud.com/shardshunt/raceroom-gt2-class-bmw-behind-ruf
    after patch
    coming soon
    In the gt2 class bmw behind a ruf in multiplayer it sounded to good to not post just turn up the volume (can you guess the track from just the audio? hint the clip starts coming onto the straight and ends at the end of the straight on the next lap)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Not updated with the current version but I've done this one a while ago...

• Like Like x 4
  3. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    i agree some sounds needs to be updated i mean for example bmw Z4GT3 external sound is brilliant , but the internal sound (cockpit) is really poor and not only this car some cars are better some cars are worse in some cars external is better than internal and vice versa , this shouldn't be this way i assume those are hard things to do but possible , regards sector3 :)

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The BMW Z4 GT3 cockpit sound from the video is an old version. It was redone completely last year and considering it's made from a real capture, it's quite close to the real thing. I still wish I could make it better.

About the others cars, I always review their sounds when I have some time to do so, and especially for the earliest models.
    So, if a sound is not updated or improved yet, it might happen soon.

From a general point of view, I always do my best for each car sound, which doesn't mean that it will be necessarly perfect.
    Keep in mind that we are not a big studio and we're doing our best in this particular context.
    Everything is perfectible, this is my motto ;)

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  5. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

...not even big studios are capable of doing such sounds...atleast i don't see/hear any :D

pcars or ac are in this regard really no competition....one worse than the other, with some very vew exceptions.

the alpina b6 has some weak exterior sounds...queue that one in future if possible.

dtm'92 (exterior) not weak, but not the qualy like other cars, something is missing in those exterior-sounds, not sure what....

.... but any sound update is good :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 2
  6. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    well hello there Sector 3 sound engineer , well the only thing which i could advise you if you would let me is to make the sounds more Roar'y :) like the Z4 GT3 external is roar as hell :) while internal sound is like 60 or 70 % more quiet i understand its propobly hard but i think you got my point plus adding some dramatic effects like wind, banging something broken inside the cockpit and backfire shots while gear shifting , engine choke etc , well you can here them in cockpit as well :) the internal sounds are to much clean like the porches GT2 internal sound is really impressive but to much clean andding some drama to cockpit view would give a gameplay more drama and fun , Regards :)

plus i think the first available Z4 GT3 was better than this which is available now :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    buy roar you mean more of the bassy low and med range stuff than the high stuff. or mabey it is actually the sound having more range im not a sound enginer but the low end rumble is also missing a bit I think but sliders would fix most of this. or perhaps make a editable sound config file?

8. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    by roar i mean this but with sound volume x 5

you cant compare that to this cause its just sounds different ....

9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    basically deep bass missing and the highs arn't as high

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    There's always room for improvement, but i think the Z4 GT3 in R3E sounds really authentic. The overall sound characteristic of the Z4 is quite there.
    And it's mostly difficult to compare a distorted low quality onboard sound with a more clear ingame sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    This is all down to the reference material available. The more audio dynamic in the recording, the better the sound will be ingame.

When you know that the video you linked is far from being good enough to create a sound from (too much tranny, distortion, compression etc..), it gives you an idea of how difficult the task is.

But that never stopped me to try and improve what we have.

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  12. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    hello there again sector 3 sound engeneer , well on this video you can actually look that the gmotor2 engine gives incredible possibilities in terms of sounds , almost indentical to real ones 1:1 copies and its not about quality i guess now you got my point 100% , good luck in tries to get the sounds to TOTAL PERFECT cause its possible , reiza studios could do it team HistorX could do it team DRM could do it i think now its time to simbin/sector3 , cheers :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    but the real recording is just that, a recording what you cant do is put us in a real car and then the sim.

i do not want my sim souunding like a old gmotor 2 game r3e has a huge improvment

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Good sound samples are the very base, but doesn't immediately transform it to a realistic car sound.
    The magic is to make the whole engine sound alive. A real car doesn't sound the same in the same corner of a track. This is the problem of old-tech sound engines. They just play a sound sample pitched to RPM. That makes it sound predictable and kinda artificial and boring, even with good sound samples.
    The new upcoming R3E transmission model with gear wobble etc. is a good example how to make the sound alive, breathing and immersive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, I wish I had such good recordings for all the cars we have in R3E. That would make a big change.
    Anyway, as Ernie said, it's not only about recordings. There are many more parameters to consider and improve
    in order to get some realistic sounds in a game.

The game industry has still a long way to go before we get 100% audio-realism, and each developer is working on improving their sound technology, but not necessarly in the same way.

And I won't compare our sounds with some others studios or modding teams as each of us are absolutely not working in the same conditions.
    Which doesn't mean that I'm not listening to what the others do, I always do it and I really like what some guys manage to create.

I'll add that some developers have much more capacity than S3 to evolve the audio in racing games, but for some reasons they won't do it and even refuse to do it. I just wonder why...
    And again, I'm just doing my best, which doesn't mean I'm THE best.;)

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  16. kingsun06

kingsun06 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hello, for me the best sounds R3E by far, they are very immersive , I watched a lot of video of all simulation and R3E and really the best!
    Vassa thank you you're the best !! :)

17. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    anthony there was an error in your phrase so I've corrected for you... :p xD

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Gran Turismo isn't very good in the audio department despite their massive resources.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    About Gran Turismo, I have much respect for the Polyphony Digital team. What these guys created is amazing imo and I look forward for their future releases.
    About the sounds in GT, I'd say that sometimes things are much more complicated than they look from outside a studio, and some issues can't be solved only with money. I'm sure they'll manage to sort it out soon.

Thanks again for your support guys;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    For what its worth - In my opinion the audio is 99.9% there. Its one of the biggest selling points, with a decent set of speakers/headphones, I honestly believe that its the best game audio available at this moment in time. Keep it coming guys, you're doing a fantastic job so far.

• Like Like x 4