RaceRoom Racing Experience - Audios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shardshunt, Feb 24, 2015.

?

Which class of car sounds the best too you?

1. GTR1

2. GTR2

3. GTR X

4. GTR 3/ ADAC Masters

5. DTM 92/ Touring Classics

6. DTM '14

7. WTCC

8. G5 Classics

9. Prototype / Aquila

10. Silhouette/ Hillclimb icons

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    well if its 99.9% there now, when we get engine elasticity its going to be about 150% there!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    What's often being ignored when it comes to those real life Youtube comparisons: the onboard is recorded by a very small "action" cam with an even smaller microphone with limited capabilities. A lot of distortion, limited frequency band and resolution and I'm pretty sure saved with lots of compression. This might result in a more aggressive and twitchy sound with lots of low frequencies and hard cuts to the heights.
    On the other side, rather cheap and small PC speakers are often used on Sim setups, e.g. those common Logitech speakers. They are not that bad but they can't even reproduce the whole frequency range and dynamic.

Just make a comparison among the Sims by driving with those PC speakers and driving in front of a mature HiFi setup ;) There are galaxies between them, and you will even more notice the huge difference between the incredible R3E sound and e.g. such dampened and muddy AC sounds ...
    For a proper sound design, just think of what car manufacturers do to optimize the interior sound of their street cars: they place tons of professional microphones inside the car to work on every detail - the click of a button, the sound when closing the door or how it sounds like when the cup holder pops out ;)

Besides this, how many people experienced the real sound of a race car at full pace around a track? It's most likely what people expect it to be like... Keeping this in mind Anthony made a fantastic job based on those limited resources

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have added a poll for favorites because i thought it might be useful for
    @Anthony Monteil

4. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think the GT3 cars and the DTM cars are the best sounding in the game. Although I will say that I think the SLS GT3 sounds a little bit off. The engine note is spot on but the sound of the gearbox seems a bit too pronounced when upshifting to me but even still the sound is easily one of the best I've ever heard.

5. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    it seems that audio engeneer has made all my dreams about audio come true , great job sound engeneer !! :) :) plus loading time is perfect , congratulations sound engeneer but remeber it can always be better ;)

• Agree Agree x 1