News RaceRoom Ranked Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 2, 2022.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    We are excited to present you a new way to participate in our Ranked Multiplayer mode.

[​IMG]
    The RaceRoom Ranked Championship (R3C) is the first Competition to make use of the Ranking System.

Overview:
    [​IMG]

It consists of 3 Series, for drivers with different Reputation (ROOKIE, AM, PRO).
    Drivers in each Series will be grouped in 3 Splits (Bronze, Silver & Gold Servers) of 24 drivers, depending on their Rating.

• The Reputation score reflects your on-track behaviour. You earn a high reputation by avoiding incidents and finishing your races on the ranked Servers. You can check your Reputation on your profile page (ranked multiplayer tab), on game.raceroom.com or the in-game portal.

• The Rating score measures your performance by evaluating your race results.
    [​IMG]

ROOKIE: BMW M235i Rookie Cup
    Everyone can participate in the Rookie Series, even drivers new to the Ranked System without Reputation.

AM: GT4 Trophy
    The AM Series is open for drivers with a Reputation of 75 or higher.

PRO: GT3 Pro Series
    To enter the PRO Series, drivers need to have a Reputation of 80 or higher.

Calendar:
    [​IMG]

How to participate:
    Simply sign up for the upcoming round of a Series you are eligible for, by going to the Competition page and entering your details in the form. Participants will receive an Email with the server password and all necessary information before the Race.

[​IMG]

Note:
    • You need to sign up for every new Round, not just once for the entire Championship.
    • Your Reputation needs to match the requirement of the series at the end of the registration period (Monday, 9:00 CE(S)T).
    [​IMG]
    After the registration period for the upcoming round has ended, the 72 drivers with the highest Rating in each Series will be split in grids of 24 and invited to race on their respective Server (Bronze, Silver and Gold).

Point System:
    All drivers within a Series score points for the same Championship, regardless in which split (Bronze, Silver or Gold) they are racing, but higher splits offer more points.

[​IMG]

LIVE Streams:
    The Gold Server of each Series will be streamed live with professional commentary on the official RaceRoom Channels.

[​IMG]

Prizes:
    The Top 3 of each Series will receive a RaceRoom Trophy and there are vRP prizes for the Top 10.
    [​IMG]

Additionally, all drivers who compete in all rounds of the Season, will be rewarded with a vRP Bonus.

[​IMG]
    For further information read the Rulebook here.
    If you have any questions post them here or on http://discord.gg/raceroom

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2022
  2. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So is this just EU based? what about North Amercia/AU-NZ/Asia?

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess they have to start somewhere safe to get an imrpession about feedback so Europe is the natural choice - last not least because of the Stat issues during the last weeks I would say...

4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately for me on a Wednesday.
    But hey, you can't please everyone

5. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Mmmm........sounds all good and interesting. What is the ping limit? What about us worldwide players?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Pinglimit is at 350 (says the rulebook)

7. Michael Fulford

Michael Fulford New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What’s the timetable for the event? 19:00 CEST is too early for me unless quali starts later than that

8. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Also in the rulebook. Not gonna write everything but generally:
    Race start bmw: 19:19 cest
    race start gt4: 19:51 cest
    race start gt3: 20:25 cest

9. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Not for me but happy for people who like it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Does this mean that those of us with a low ranking may not be able to enter anything?

11. G.Metzo

G.Metzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's great news raceroom team! Glad to see you steping your game up!
    Definitely looking forward to participating in these.
    Let's keep it clean everyone!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Initially, probobly no. The entry limit is most likely small on purpose, to ensure full participation and build on that. If the interest is big enough, they can always add more series and more splits in next seasons.

Another important angle is that now ranked racing doesn't just exist in vacuum anymore, but starts to basically serve as a qualifying tool for championships. You want to participate in championships? You need to participate in ranked races and build your ranking up.

13. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Unless I am misunderstanding this (which is most probable), unless you are in the top 500 of the rankings your chances of being invited to join any of these races are virtually nil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I think you are overestimating the amount of people that:
    1. Want to join
    2. Have time that particular day
    3. Register for the same series as you do

But there is only one way to find out.
    Register and see if you get invited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    atm it's bigger disappointment than I thought it gonna be lol
    because at the end it looks like nothing changed?
    it is like community mondays but with different overlay and splits via rating not hotlaps
    it was pumped like it's some revolution
    BIG STEP NEXT GEAR blah blah
    and it just isn't at all

that "matchmaking" in the video is nice bait :tearsofjoy:

and what about other people that are not in the top 72 registered? they are screwed?
    also one guy can join all 3 comps? then it gonna screw these other people even more
    if not then fine but it's still bad for people with like 1.8k that likes gt3s which I'm sure gonna be the most popular, because if they can't see who is registered then they even don't know if they have a chance to get slot or not and possibly go for other category

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  16. Breckn3ck

Breckn3ck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read my mind. I was excited when I saw this, then disappointed. RaceRoom doesn't even try to hide the fact it exists in an "EU racing vacuum" in 2022. Yes, I am bitter, RaceRoom is a great sim. Grats to the folks in the EU. The options across all user driven multiplayer communities continue to evaporate for the rest of us.

Lately, I find myself getting to a frustrated place with the hobby (being middle aged and well invested in proper hardware at this point). Sim racing is clearly experiencing a boom, yet two elephants in the room for every serious contender continues to be half-baked AI and or multiplayer platforming. This is further compounded by a lack of meaningful marketing in conjunction with targeted growth campaigns that actually lead to healthy, sustainable server populations (RE: "official" servers).

Sim-cade titles continue to thrive in official online ranked racing across the entire world despite their inherit drawbacks (RE: from a hardcore sim enthusiast's POV). Meanwhile, properly simulated titles continue to be propped up by a league oriented racing crutch that exists because of a community and mod developers willing to put in the work dev's wont.

I keep holding out in hopes a future update will finally deliver some relief for one of the major titles, but it doesn't seem to be a likely event. The appeal to titles like RaceRoom (most offerings) is the enjoyment of being able to just jump in and drive what you want while having your time respected. I don't have to name drop, but trying to force people into racing vehicles they're not even interested in just to be able to purchase and race a vehicle of choice (under an articficial guise of driving experience) is a complete load of shite. This isn't real life. Know your audience and respect their time.

Love your game Sector 3. I just hope one day I can actually enjoy it in a healthy multiplayer setting... :rolleyes: Happy racing folks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mikek1357

mikek1357 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is great news!

18. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can't see how any 'rookie' drivers could possibly be in the top 500.

19. javier.vegadoval04

javier.vegadoval04 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, why you don't do it on Saturday o Sunday? That day, the 70% of the world its able to play

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, you can only register for one category.