Raceroom sale: ADAC GTM 14 Only €9.99!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Oct 27, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Very nice price.For essentially 2 tracks cost you get 8 tracks,a handful of cars plus discounts towards ADAC 15,GTR3 class cars and also DTM Experiences.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Whats the difference? Should customers even need to care for that difference? It surely does not help to give R3E a better reputation on its shopping model and prices.

Somebody uses the games very own inbuild webshop - what could be more natural than just this - and later learns that outside the webshop the publisher of the same game sells same item for more than 50% less.

No love in return, I'm sure. I would be pissed.

Its not boxes sitting on shelves in different stores where you know the house makes the price and you have to compare. I did not even know your link to that website existed. When you google for Raceroom+shop, you get the webshop.

Just two days ago I had fished another AC player willing to convert to R3E, in their forum. He had a post about how good the free game looked and that he felt it drove nice, and now he was about to buy stuff. Next he posted a message mocking Raceroom for the hilarious pricing he noticed when visiting the shop, and that those price meant for him: game over.

Another potentially interested customer lost. If only he would be the only one. But he isn't, by far not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep, far too convoluted.

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - that's right... Discount should be equal in the ingame-Store and in Raceroom-Store. The Items in the Raceroom-Store are a bit cheaper that in the ingame-Store as the additional fee for Steam isn't included.
    But the items in the Raceroom-Store are a bit irritating as there is not chance that "owned Content" could be considered.

8. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    just another cash grab shell game

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    What does that even mean? Because from where I'm sitting that just sounds a generic bollocks whinge.

Free to play 2 tracks and 5 cars, a few quid to buy other tracks and cars. Enjoy the free stuff or buy the paid for stuff or just sod off

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Clearly if I have to explain,
    You wouldn't understand.
    I own a large chunk of the paid content in this game, still waiting for some of it to be finished.
    And that statement is my opinion of the shifty way they price the product and double charge for repeat content.
    Or how about content already paid for that's now free, or paid for content now removed.
    Sorry for having an opinion that isn't yours.
    I'll be sodding off now.

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    A reasoned and properly explained point of view, which I might agree or disagree with. So why not just post that instead of some vacuous sound bite?

12. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    conservation

13. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I must agree with rd.king that pricing can be extremely convuleted. It can't be that hard to pull same prices on the raceroom.com and game store, or is it? This is not after all like comparing the Steam and Green Man Gaming prices, which are totally two different companies, but these two are practically like same entities. Also, I think you should be able to purchase VRPs from the ingame store with the same discount procedure compared to raceroom store.

All this is just unnecessarily complicated and confuses new simmers. Again, I don't mind the DLC or micro transaction model at all, but how it is handled ATM is just plain ridicilous.

On the other hand, I don't mind some older stuff going free that I've bought some time ago. It is quite comparable for other game sales: I buy a game on day one, and next Steam holiday sale it can be 75% off. Loss of money? Perhaps, but it was my decision. I admit I would be somewhat upset if most of the payware content would become free, but I think that is highly unlikely. I also think that giving some stuff as freebies is a good way to introducing and pulling new simmers in. In fact, I should think that offering some famous track (Bathurst, Spa, Monza, etc.) as a free content would be a great idea, no matter if I've paid few euros for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    rd.king just repeats what I often have seen happening now. The shop model in R3E is one of the three or four most often mentioned criticisms against the game, and pisses many potentially interested people that therefore leave it to the potential, move away and never come back again. Raceroom Entertainment management should have become aware of that by now.

Well, I am quite certain the loss of potential customers due to this, is a damage. But it is their damage, not directly mine.

The changes in the free car choices, lacks the one big selling argument: one single car that convinces by its quality beyond doubt. Big bait catches big fish. Small bait catches small fish.

15. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I saw many times people moan about the shop model of R3E, instead, imo, spending some time for knowing better how it works, gives the possibility to have items with less euros.
    Even now, there is this good opportunity but people moan....