News RaceRoom Summer Sale

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Hahahaha. I got a dislike for saying I'd like more packs to buy. How funny. I guess that fellow doesn't want any more packs

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Got mine dfgt today. So fun drive all weekend free.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Ignore that person, I like to see more packs too. It is a great way to bring people into the game as the content is cheaper.

The price of individual content is too high, IMO. Cheaper pack prices will incentivise people to buy more content for the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Bingo - I have fingers crossed that one of them will be a new GTR3 pack (but no worries if not!) :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chris Browne

Chris Browne New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Rodger, wouldn't the ADAC GT Masters be what you're looking for? They're my favourite cars in the sim.

Looking forward to the sale to get some of the cars I tried in the last free weekend - the Group 5 cars, WTCC 2014 and possibly DTM 2014 are on my shopping list :)

Our local community is looking to do some racing with RRRE and this sale will help get that going :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The problem with ADAC GT Masters is, various GT cars are spread across different classes. Nissan GTR and Ford GT only in ADAC 2013 or Alpina B6 only appear in GTR3.

Some people, ie: me, would like to see all the GT3s appear in one class rather than a selection in 3 different classes. Most ADAC liveries does not look as good as the new ones in GTR3.

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, it is already confirmed that the ADAC-GT-Cars will appear in GTR3.
    That would be a nice GTR3-Field. But I hope that we still see some Differences between ADAC GTM and GTR3. A little difference in Tire-Model (as ADAC is using Pirelli this year) and a bit more Power for ADAC GT-Masters (the ADAC GTM BoP allows a bit more) for example.

8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    There is a GTR3 pack, possibly with more cars to appear which I am really looking forward to.

I am only concern about the price. Thats going to be one expensive pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That will get sorted with multiclass.:)
    However getting som new brands to GTR3 would be nice, and some that can't be put in ADAC like a Ruf GT3.

• Like Like x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Damn are you spying on my PC Heppsan?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You'll never know, muahaha!
    By the way.
    Shouldn't RR be down for maintenance by now, so that you can push those new features?;)

12. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I was under the impression that ADAC '13, ADAC '14 and GTR3 car classes all had different evolutions of physics from each other. Are these classes now going to be merged and given the same physics and if so what about all those separate cars that we've purchased in order to be able to compete in separate online races? Effectively those cars will now be just different skins and not the content we actually paid for?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I hope you don't change regulations on the cars, like putting ABS on the 2013 cars!..

14. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Probably not the right thread for this, but.....

I like the idea of the upgraded physics for all GT3 cars across the board; 2013 cars in GT Masters had ABS and were basically the same as those used in 2014, so I see it as more of a fix! I look forward to the upgrade.

But it seems we're never all going to be pleased by physics changes/fixes/upgrades, so I don't envy S3 here!

15. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what you bought, but I only paid the price of a skin to be able to use the Mercedes in the GTR3 class, because I'd already bought the car in GT Masters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I bought the ADAC '13 pack and then a few separate cars from the '14 and GTR3 packs.

Example: currently if I wanted to buy the GTR3 Audi it would cost me 75 vrp. If I wanted to buy an additional skin from that series that would cost me 29 vrp or 49 vrp depending on which skin I chose to buy. Therefore there is a discrepancy between the cost of a skin and the cost of a car.

My point is that by combining the classes, the content we have previously bought has changed and the reasons for our purchasing extra cars/skins are now invalid. I presume S3 will make good these discrepancies should they decide to combine these classes.

17. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I can't remember the last time I bought a game and the physics weren't updated though. When GT Master 2014 came out, I was disappointed that the 2013 cars weren't upgraded (as were several others) so I'm glad that they might be now.

That said, I can understand your point, but prefer the alternative outcome. I understand that more with the drastic changes that were made to the Volvo and 635 in the classics, as that was a radical overhaul. In this case, it's more like an upgrade to the existing cars for free, not balancing them for BoP reasons but upgrading the older cars to the new physics model they have.

18. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Don't even get me started on the changes to the touring classics ;)

Seriously I do think S3 should consider the implications to all of their customers when making these decisions and put right any discrepancies. The sim market is a fickle place to be doing business and these things need to be right.

19. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but that's sort of my point; we can't agree on what is right, so they don't really have a chance! To me 'making it right' would be upgrading the older content to the same level as the newer stuff (as in, the physics that they've been tuning with Kevin v.d.Linde).

Either way, to try and get back on topic I've not had a chance to try these Touring Classics yet, so I look forward to doing so at the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Fair point Rodger. I'm an AC exile and having only recently discovered RR I'm keen for S3 to get things right.

I have all the sales content on offer for week one but some of my league colleagues don't so at least it gives them a chance to buy into our events. I like these free weekends for the same reason and think they're a great way of bringing new drivers onboard,

• Like Like x 1