Problem Raceroom Ultrawide Vertical Lines

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by therealmoffi, Jan 14, 2021.

1. therealmoffi

therealmoffi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

since the latest update I'm expericing an odd problem in raceroom.
    I'm using a Samsung G9 ultrawide display and in the past I've been utilizing the -triScr option to get a realistic FOV due to the curvature& width of the display.

Since the latest updates when I go on track I get 2 vertical lines in my driving window, which is seperating the monitor in 3 tiles. Of course it corelates with the triple screen option, as soon I disable it everything is fine, however it is undrivable and the FOV is stretched a lot and far from being realistic.

Up to the latest update it worked fine for me with the -triScr option described above, any idea how to get that behaviour working again? I've already tried the -webmenu option and downgraded my nVidia driver, both didn't help.

Maybe something in the graphics xml?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Its a wide screen not a triscreen so are the lines from bezel settings in your imaginary triple screen

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. therealmoffi

therealmoffi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Obviously it is related to the "imaginary triple". However the bezel is set to zero and changing that value only is changing the FOV of the outsides of the screen.
    I've been running that setup over a year now, so clearly something must've changed with the latest update, probably from a rendering logic point of view.
    So I reckon this behaviour is not fixable and I need to hope for the update to reverse that type of issue?

4. Der Kiebitz

Der Kiebitz Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Eventually you just have to reset you view from inside the car. Just press the button for that or bind one before. For a friend with real triples, who had also problems after the update, that helped. Or did you try that already?

5. IanW

IanW New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem (also G9). I used to get the vertical lines with the old triscr when I used certain values for the monitor widths, they would go way if I changed the widths very slightly (i.e. 1mm or so). The settings in the new menu only have 1" increments, so this is not possible.
    ACC does the same thing if you have the render scale set to 100%, changing it to 101% or 99% fixes it there.

My theory is that, for some combinations of monitor "widths" the size of the image does not divide the number of pixels nicely and a column of pixels ends up blank. I don't know how to fix it, but since the res scale change works in ACC, I might try creating a DSR resolution that is ~1% more in both directions and see if running that helps. I will report back...

6. IanW

IanW New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that running DSR at 1.2x gets rid of the vertical lines. However, it only seems to work in full screen. In borderless windowed, the mouse pointer position doesn't map correctly. I need borderless for Simhub overlays so time to see if I can set up a smaller multiplier.

7. IanW

IanW New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Problem solved. Running DSR at 1.2 got rid of the vertical lines but introduced way more problems than it solved.

It occurred to me that 5120 (the horizontal res of the G9) is not divisible by 3, so perhaps the blank lines are the "remainder" pixels when the image is split into 3. I then created some custom horizontal resolutions in the Nvidia control panel that were divisible by 3. That did not work. I then tried some more strange horizontal resolutions and found one that worked: 5114 x 1440
    Since 5114 is not divisible by 3 either (in fact 5114 is divisible only by 2 and 2557), I have absolutely no clue why this might have worked.

Obviously this doesn't quite preserve the 32:9 aspect ratio, so the image will be ever so slightly stretched horizontally. It's only 3 pixels on each side though, so it doesn't make a noticeable difference. 5114 x 1438 is closer to 32:9 if anyone cares a lot about that.

TL;DR: Create a custom resolution of 5114 x 1440 in the nvidia control panel and set the game to use that. Goodbye black bars.

8. therealmoffi

therealmoffi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ian, thats awesome, great find!

For whatever reason the nVidia CP doesn't let me create a custom resolution with my 2080TI, neither I have the DSR option there. Are you running with GSync on or off?

9. IanW

IanW New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am running GSync on 120Hz. I've found that my CPU (8700k) becomes a major bottleneck in most titles at 240Hz, so I just run the monitor at 120Hz. You have to have DSR off (in "manage 3D settings" to create custom resolutions.

10. therealmoffi

therealmoffi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I dont even have the DSR option in the CP unfortunately (newest update/ 2080TI)... I tried running GSync on/off, on 240Hz, 120Hz, even 60Hz and it doesn't make any difference.

11. OldNTired

OldNTired New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

I have the chg90 so use a custom 3835x1080 resolution which fixed the issue completely!

The lines were driving me nuts on my super ultra wide monitor in triple screen mode.
    Now I can finally drive without the annoying lines with correct fov and distortion corrected.