News RaceRoom welcomes Ferrari

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I think I hear it too. I wouldn't say the lower tones are missing, they are there when balancing the throttle into a turn. But what I wasn't hearing is the flutter of the exhaust during this. In the onboard video Mr Spooner posted, you can hear the exhaust rumbling while the driver is in a low speed corner. In Raceroom all I got was drone from the engine. If I completely let off the throttle when braking, the exhaust sounds seems to be missing.

It's off, but not to the point where it bothers me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    This is what I’ve meant with badass

3. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'm still there, but I must say that the Ferrari 488 GT3 is probably the least spectacular sounding race car I saw in my life, although it's aestheticly superb.

Saw it in Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Paul Ricard, Imola, and everytime it's the same boring sound, except for the gearshifts maybe.
    First of all, it's super muffled and it's also quite silent, nothing like a proper race car imho.

Of course, muffled sounds are the current trend for racing cars, so I guess the Ferrari is just running into the norm, but it's clearly not the direction I'd hoped for motorsport in general :p

So, yes, the sound in Raceroom simply reflects how the car is in real life, which is even more obvious in a racing game (loud cars are easier to make sounds).

I will have a look and see how I can improve that part. I guess you guys are talking about the cockpit sounds , right? ;)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Yes. The sounds in the cockpit.

Thanks for looking into this. Even if I am proven wrong, and then tarred and feathered, it's good to see the issue being explored. I can count on one hand the times I've seen concerns addressed by other game developers. Glad to see that there are teams that still care about our endless nagging. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yes, cockpit sounds. But I also decided to look at external cameras and I think the sound in real life footages is more rough and less "uniform" than in the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I have to agree. I saw it live at Oschersleben watching ADAC GT Masters in 2019. I can barely remember any sound as it was unnoticable as long as there was any other car within half a lap distance or so.

But really looks great... :)

DSCF5293.jpg

7. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering, Anthony. One question please: did you record the sounds on a real Ferrari, like you did with the Porsches?

8. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It's curious that you talk about the sound of the car because I find it excellent. Compare this onboard it's exactly the same sound

9. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    We indeed got some pretty good recordings from Ferrari themselves ;)

Now, about the cockpit sound, you guys might be happy to know that I just submitted some tweaks for it, with more low end frequencies and I also improved the coast transmission sound (which was indeed a bit annoying).

All in all, I think it's much better now, but you'll judge by yourself when the update will be released in next intermediate patch I guess ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You mean this week? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Je suppose que tu es Français. Tu t'occupes uniquement du développement du son sur RR ? Merci

12. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    No. He means "Soon".

;);):D

13. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I am very impressed that you don’t only say „yes, that’s how I find it cool and it’s in the reality“ and that you did hear me (and probably some others?)
    I really wait now for the next update to hear this great work.
    Thank you

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Oui, je suis français. Je m'occupe principalement des sons de R3E, mais aussi des caméras TV pour les ralentis, et quelques livrées également.
    Yes, I'm french. I'm doing the sounds but also the TV cameras for the replays and some liveries.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Ok Merci c'est sympa de répondre. Vu que tu t'occupes du son je voulais te faire une remarque sur le son de l'Audi R8 GT3. Irl on entend beaucoup plus le bruit pneumatique très particulier de la boîte de vitesse il me semble. Il est présent dans RR mais on ne l'entend pas assez onboard ou pratiquement pas quand l'auto monte dans les tours. C'est le bruit similaire au DRS des DTM. J'adore ce petit détail sonore

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried while wearing a helmet with ear plugs in

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I use a Sennheiser gsp 350.
    I hear very little of this sound detail whereas I hear it very well when I activate the drs on the DTMs. The sound is quite similar. I realized it existed on the Audi while passing gears car at the stop.I think the noise isnt loud enough compared to IRL onboards.

18. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    J'en profite que tu sois Français vu mon anglais médiocre :confused: j'en suis dsl. J'ai eu une discussion sur le forum Steam du jeu sur les pistes de Race07 et en particulier Pau. Quelqu'un soulevez le fait que ce n'était pas le même jeu et qu'il faille sûrement payer une licence pour ces pistes. Je me posais la question qu'une piste comme Pau est besoin d'une licence payante ou même Nogaro déjà présente. Je pense que la ville de Pau serait ravie d'avoir leur circuit dans un sim récent surtout que pendant le grand prix il y a des compétitions de Simracing.

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt trying to be cheeky , its just everyone puts in a sound recorded in a cockpit , but this isnt what you hear as a driver , you get a much more muffled experience , due to the helmet , the balaclava and then earplugs/earphones .. realism is much more mediocre ...

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This explanation would only be fitting if that's what cockpit sounds are supposed to be, by design. I don't know for sure, but I doubt it's the case.