International Raceroomers presents: onDemand

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Raceroomers, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hi @...bez , thanks for the collaboration. We are soon implementing some ways you can interact with pilots who are online in our system and you will be able to invite them to the sessions that you are registering. This idea of removing the arrows for the next sessions has already been annotated and we will implement them as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gerson Malty

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hi Vinny!

The current system of scoring in the licence drivers is based on the mileage acquired in Raceroom, regardless of whether you are in Single Player, Leaderboard, Competitions or even in Multiplayer. You simply score when you play the game, but the score in these cases is small. When you enter in our Championships or our Ondemand servers the scores are higher. In the case of Ondemand servers, the more pilots registered in the session, the higher their score percentage.

I hope I have helped in understanding and I encourage everyone to give us feedback where we can implement improvements.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, okay I can see how it will work when this all takes off, I was just a bit concerned as the main reason I registered was to separate myself from the inexperienced and the inconsiderate drivers, I think it would be best if the scores were earned from online race position and best laptimes only, as anyone can drive on the grass for a couple of days and reach the same licence points as someone who wins every race!
    I was hoping for a system that would make it impossible for a novice to enter a pro race.
    Thanks

4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Vinny, in my experience, it is the "inconsiderate drivers" who tend to win the races. Real life and Sim Racing.
    But I don't disagree that fast and *cough* gentlemen *cough* racers should be separated as much as possible. If only to give me a chance of finishing well......

Edit : Best lap times is a terrible indicator of race skill: Two weeks ago I was yelled at for holding this guy up. He said I was too slow. (I am.) I have raced him half a dozen times, and finished in front on every occasion!

• Like Like x 2
  5. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the inconsiderate sometimes winning, as there are a few who have developed track and car knowledge but remain over competitive and childlike when it comes to overtaking, I put this down to age, (if your listening! It's fun to race with people otherwise it's a time trial! That's why we enjoy 2 wide close racing action! and not a lonely 10 min race with an undeserved win, we can all do it lol )

but in real life it's watched by so many they would never live it down and would damage they're reputation therefore they think twice, not to mention all the time, money and people involved.

Laptimes are more an indication of speed capability, and wins are an indication of consistency as most races are 10min +
    , so I know what your saying but my idea is much better than scoring by just mileage!! :)

Thanks

Edit. So this way we can find the fast and consistent racers, but unfortunately the young or inconsiderate fast guys too! :(

Well better than just everyone who has driven 10000.... miles lol

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. 100%.

Not so much : ever heard of Jason Plato, Michael Schumacher, or that current F1 bloke.

But, yes, in real life, their need to win is tempered by a tiny voice warning of death/dismemberment, the massive costs involved in an accident, bad press, and other real issues. And massively more so when it is grass roots racing/lower tier formulas (IMO the most exciting, as people are often in-experienced!) and the driver is probably massively in debt financing his hobby/career.
    In R3E if I crash you out, I can just fist-pump the air and sing 'Another One Bites The Dust' with very little consequence. And if my car gets trashed, oh well, there's another race shortly.......

So I totally agree with 98% of what you say. Total agreement leads to empty/boring forums.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    All your races are empty. am i just in a bad hour ? whats the "rush hour" for the servers ? I'm loving the site btw =D

Edit: apparently i'm a rookie (which is true not complaining XD) i'm just not sure if it limits the people i race with.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  8. Gerson Malty

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I think that, as mentioned before by @...bez, the arrows need to be retired and put all the sessions showing up, so the people can easily see where the session will has more players during the day. Maybe we can put a small little banner called HOT! next to the session that reaches more than 5 enrolled, so the people are already connected in the sessions that are booming in the day!

Another thing that helps is to send an email to everyone on the system when some session gets this HOT Banner!

@Raceroomers can implement this?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Raceroomers

Raceroomers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    All times of each onDemand session can be viewed at the same time
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. marcoscavaleiro

marcoscavaleiro New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Another great job from Raceroomers !!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    10 internet points for you guys. I really hope more people join =)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Osni Kniess

Osni Kniess Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Raceroomers: Getting better!

• Like Like x 3
  13. jhonblackoretorno

jhonblackoretorno New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Raceroomers, post: 101798, member: 9677"] Todos os tempos de cada sessão onDemand podem ser visualizados ao mesmo tempo
    [​IMG][/CITAR]
    Nota Millllll....

14. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Just did a race ... Seriously people better start joining this is great !
    However, indications on how to use your TS would be appreciated, I was a bit lost there.
    Also a bit off topic, I'm from Portugal and raced against Brazilians ... no lag. Net code is way better than i expected.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jhonblackoretorno

jhonblackoretorno New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Xon3, post: 101855, member: 9276"] Só fiz uma corrida ... Sério, as pessoas começam a se juntar melhor!
    No entanto, as indicações sobre como usar o seu TS seria apreciada, eu estava um pouco perdido lá.
    Também um pouco fora do tópico, eu sou de Portugal e correu contra brasileiros ... sem defasagem. O código Net é muito melhor do que eu esperava. [/ QUOTE]

Http://piloto.raceroomers.com/index.php

16. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For some reason I can't register and or I still have not received an email after registering. Does it usually take some time or am I missing something. Thanks for your help

17. Sven Wever

Sven Wever Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi a suggestion, Maybe now with the new Multiplayer Browser, you can put pictures on the left. Now it says SSR. (ok by me because i already found it :) )
    But maybe call it raceroomers? So poeple can find it more easily? (the more the better right?)
    Thanx for all the work so far.

18. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Same issue. On the register page, I had to translate the page firstly, then I clicked the 'To Register' button and it just refreshes the same register page. When I try log in with the details I set, it doesn't work.

19. Andre Bonaparte

Andre Bonaparte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'll open to you a ticket explaining that situation. I don't know whats happening with your registration, but certainly the administration will correct this.

UPDATE:

The ticket was opened! :) Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  20. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    super, thank you.

• Like Like x 1