Racing incident - opinions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Kerenyi, Jul 9, 2015.

?

Who's fault was the Skyline's spin?

1. BMW 635i

33 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Skyline R32

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I took part in an online race in Bathurst with the freshly released Skyline. I was leading the race 3 laps to the end when this incident happened (in the video):
    After finishing the race furious, I had to watch the replay. I, being naturally subjective, still think it was the BMW's fault overall... his overtake was not clean, after choosing a side on the road he kinda zigzagged, he almost spun me off the first time... however I can't decide who's fault was the actual spin. From a driver's point of view I was mostly dealing with regaining control, and didn't notice I was pulling left a bit. He however should have eased off after giving me a hard time. So objective simracers of R3E. Whaddya say? :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. bbking

bbking Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    the BMW is in fault for me, you are in front of him, the pilot must be careful :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    it was Maldonado's fault

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    He (Beamer) chooses the middle of the road as his line, then you (Skyline) go right to pass and he blocks you,.. Not your fault!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I think it's the fault of the skyline, because the skyline is driving on a straight and turns to the left side, when the BMW is already beside him and does not change his line on the left side of the straight. But in the cockpit view, it's really hard to see where the BMW exactly is at that moment.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Where's the 'racing incident' option? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Okay thats it, you both get 10 place grid penalty for the next race.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    25 places.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    And a drive through and stop go. :D
    BMW made a late defensive move to the right and then turned into you (@Peter Kerenyi), after that, your recovery took you back into the BMW.

I'd say BMWs fault for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Definitely was done on purpose. Clear cut he tried to block you then proceeded to take your rear out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    the contact that lead to the spin happened at least 150 meters before the kink, there was no need for the bmw to drive into the skyline like that, avoidable incident imo.

12. Elva

Elva Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Definitely BMW. You held your line and he should have stayed to the right.

13. mikey james

mikey james Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    BM,s fault for me. Drifted across the track to try the pit maneuver after you passed which then put you out of control. Poor move.

14. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    This is what happens irl when blocking occurs, allthough i believe in this case the frontdriver didnt see where the driver behind/next to him was..

15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    That's me actually.

What you don't show is laps prior to that how you cut me off TWICE when I'm a half a car's length alongside you on the inside and me almost spinning out because of it. The second one, I understeer a bit but you still have no clue that I have the inside line and turn in like you're alone on the track.

I told you after the race: learn to leave racing room. I'm tired of people oblivious to their surroundings and I spin them out. It's really that simple. Race clean (touring car standards), be aware of cars in front and behind and leave room when you're not sure. Otherwise don't be surprised you get wrecked.

Maybe I should go back to the Kyle Busch avatar. Heh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    As i said it was on purpose.
    But regardless guys. Lets leave it at that.
    Its done and over with. Move on.

Next race everyone does better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    He was on the line any you cant overtake over the top at Bathurst (its a bit of a gentleman agreement), its your job to back off and sit behind him. his driving wasn't the best but you cant blame someone for cutting you off at the top in a much heavier car if you throw him offline with your move irl it would end his race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    First posted incident: 100% BMW's fault and very obviously so. Nothing more needs to be said that hasn't been said already.

Second posted incident (first response one): That is the BMW's fault. You entered the corner together side-by-side and your car pushed out into his (and into his line). When you enter a corner side by side you create 2 lines through the corner. This isn't F1, the car ahead doesn't get all the track all the time no exceptions (and even if it was the Skyline was still ahead which is shown by the second view). The second view shows this even further as coming over the first crest you are mostly along-side, but still behind him and run wide directly into the Skyline's side causing his car to turn sideways back into yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Okay, Im not saying I wasnt at fault partly in that situation. I admit I had no idea where you were exactly due to not seeing my left mirror, thats why I on purpose didnt take the apex... Those corners are slidy and narrow I think you shouldnt have tried to overtake there...you couldnt have taken the corner with me there...bounce into me, correct, recover, bounce again... But damnit that thing in the straight. I know you thought you were faster, but not enough for a clean overtake. Ruining my race because in the second or third lap there was a shoulder to shoulder fight is no good reason... I am not angry at you, no hard feelings, looking forward to racing you again, because you are a fast driver....I was just very disappointed :(

20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    IMHO the BMW driver was driving careless from the beginning of the video. He pushed you into the barrier, bumped you while driving down the straight. But the final spin was your own fault. The BMW had his nose beside you and you just pulled over and gave him no room on the tarmac. I don't see why he should have backed off in this situation.