Racing wheel effect on game performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaiMunro, Feb 14, 2019.

1. KaiMunro

KaiMunro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the total newbie question, but I've had a good read on the forum and can't find this one. My son has just started playing Race Room on a laptop that is performing well even though the specs aren't that good (images attached). It's got a HDD not SSD too. He now, of course, wants a Logitec G29 rather than using the keyboard. My question is, do controllers affect the performance of the PC? Is this controller the best option? Thanks in advance guys

Attached Files:

2. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    No it doesn't, go get your son a wheel now! :D the g29 is a safe bet won't go wrong with that. I'm still using a g27 that I've been using for years.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Having owned both a G27 and a Thrustmaster T300, please take a look at the TM before taking the leap, imho the TM is leaps and bounds ahead of the Logitech in every way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ffb has a hit on performance, whether it is noticable is the thing, higher specced systems you wont notice it, on low specced machines you might notice a little or maybe quite significant depending on the system spec\performance and how it is optimised.
    It can become a serious and very expensive hobby but i would suggest if going the wheel route getting a more capable computer to run the game on, quad core is the recommended minimum yours is dual with what looks like integrated graphics which i probably would be looking to upgrade if its more than a fad!
    Its a very slippery slope for you as a parent from now, wheel, pedals, seat, shifter, gpu is too slow, cpu is too slow, oh dad, please, dad, dad, DAD, DAAAAAAD, i want, i want, i want, haha good luck!

A controller is definitely the best option, depending on how old your son is, is it a fad, whats his attention span like, how commited is he, i wouldnt go overboard until i knew my child was going to stick at it, i would go for 2nd user G25 or G27 or g29 (Gumtree from £50 up), i definitely wouldnt buy new unless i was sure he was going to stick at it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0