rain and night races on raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doclucio, Dec 19, 2018.

1. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Any idea if in the future we can have night or rain races?!?It would be a great addiction...

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Addicted enough as it is thanx!
    You won't see day/night transitions, if at all, until a move to DX 11/12, me old china!

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    So yes - i guess there is a good chance for it in future... but well - future...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    sorry maybe i was not clear enough...i didn't say i'm not addicted to the game and that i don't like it...i like it very much indeed. I have just said that rain and night would be a great addiction, meaning those would be a plus value to a very beautifull game

• Like Like x 2
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, definitely... but with the current engine it could be a bit more difficult. Weather-Effects might be possible but are not implemented. Night-racing is not possible, as there is only one light-source (the sun) in the engine

6. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Didn't I read somewhere that they're planning to move to the Unreal engine which WOULD allow day/night and weather effects? Or am I making that up?

7. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thought that was GTR3 unless i am thinking of something else.

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    looking at the real world and how racing has changed , and also looking at the past in sim racing , rain is fairly pointless in sim racing , smaller grids and people quitting in the race , in real life running around behind a saftey car .....
    it has been covered a few times , you just need to dig in the forums a little ; so i wont go any further in details concerning the unreal engine

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    tomorrow i'll race a 3h endurance day to night with rain probablity at 99%. you are speaking about casual players and you are right, but imho a game do the best if offers options to all the players.

rfactor do it, pcars do it, assetto corsa is moved to it, iracing is moving to it. i think both rain and night are mandatory not pointless.
    or we must consider all the competitors mad. :D

10. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Technically doing night "nice enough" is easier than rain and imo also what probably most people would enjoy (it rains a lot here last thing I want is that in a game).

Frankly if r3e had dynamic daytime transitions and just a few different (dry) weather moods per track (cloudy etc.) it would help a lot to literally put your favorite tracks in a new light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    It took some time and patience from fans and devs alike but eventually we've got most of what we wished for - so far and step by step. So I don't see any reason why RRE won't implement such features while some of its competitors already have it ? Life goes on, game development too ;)

12. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree - I really could care less about rain. Tempature and light/dark transitions However I would love to see!

• Agree Agree x 1