Rally Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HomieFFM, Feb 25, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have experience or a recommendation for a good rally steering wheel?

thinking about maybe a flat one, because a dished one doesn't make any sense on a sim rig, because then you have to change the distance everytime you change the wheel.
    Screenshot - 25_02.jpg

(I want to use it on a Fanatec Universal Hub)

thanks for every advice.

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    If you want to mount the wheel to a Fanatec hub a flat one is the best choice. You can mount pretty much any wheel to the hub. Just pick the one you like the most. :)

Personally, I'm using an OMP WRC 350mm. Because I don't need a button box and paddle shifters for rally sims, I've bought a dished wheel so I don't need to change the seat position when switching to other steering wheels with button box.

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2309.JPG

Drifting with such a steering wheel is awesome. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I went with an OMP Targa 330mm, which is flat, because I need paddle shifters and don't want to change seat position. I have been a bit curious about the aluminium wheels though, as they are lighter. They might provide even more responsive and detailed FFB, but that's just an idea I have.

Most important for a rally wheel is that it's round. If it's flat or dished depends on how you're going to mount it. And as @Ablaze said: If you're going to use the hub you'll probably want a flat one.

I like suede leather, but that depends on your taste.

Anyway, the OMP wheels are awesome, but so are the Sparcos and Momos. They do cost a bit, but they're worth it. Do NOT fall for the temptation of buying a cheap Chinese copy - you WILL be disappointed. Trust me, I've been there... Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    @Fleskebacon @Ablaze thank you both for your help... after long fighting with myself I have now ordered the omp targa, I think that wheel is good for rallycars, but also good for any other ''oval steeringwheel'' car outside of the rally world, let's say WTCR, gt4 for example..

Thanks your suggestions I didn't ordered a cheap and super dished ebay wheel.a big dished one wouldn't have made any sense for me and there are most of them 90mm dished...

So once again big thank you :)

5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Good choice, @HomieFFM .

Good luck. The wheel is a good all-round wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I prefer to have the rallye wheel a bit closer to me so i decided to use a 350mm /75mm dished.