Problem Random HID disconects

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sarah O'Brien, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, at my wits end here, can any one help with random HID disconnects within RR? some times its the mouse, others its the button box or my motion rig or wind sim, i often get device missing, i have deleted and reinstalled the game, deleted all custom profiles and re done them, it seems totally random which device won't be recognised....
    Thanks

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you give your full system specs , pc , controllers keyboards ; cpu ; gpu ; please

Andi

3. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AMD Ryzon 7 1700x 3.8GHz 8 core, 32Gb hyper x furyDDR4, GTX1080ti, windows 10, Fanatec DD1, V3s, sq1.5 shifter, 2 off DSD button boxes, razor bassilisk mouse, arduino uno driving the wind sim and arduino leonardo driving the motion ... oh and my rift, but that has never been affected.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just a wild guess, but is the PSU up to the task?
    I had a similar case once and it turned out the USB ports simply were unable to delivery the required amperage/voltage.

In the same principle vein: Checked all connections/cables?

5. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian, it only happens in RaceRoom, all other games i have no problem.
    Its a 750w PSU
    The wheelbase, wind sim and motion all have their own power supplies

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I had an issue with disconnects once and it turned out to be a dodgy usb extension. Are all your devices plugged directly to the motherboard or are you using a hub?

These things can often be traced to one faulty part. I'd suggest removing everything that isn't absolutely essential, see if you can narrow it down from there, and then add components back in gradually. A tedious process I'm afraid.

7. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a hub, but the wheelbase, motion, windsim and mouse are plugged into the mother board