Rank Multiplayer or Need 4 Speed Most Wanted?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Spinster, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You might as well add Police Cars and Police Helicopters to the Rank Multiplayer, what a wreak fest of a experience. Good luck with that, last time I race it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Chequers

Chequers New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Once you get out of the Rookie servers it's fine, those servers are obviously full of folk new to online racing, that's the whole point of having them.
    Perhaps you just struggled to gain the 75 points needed to get to a better standard of racing.

3. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I was at 79 and now dropped to 63 because I was punted 4 times, twice into the wall before the end of the second lap. That was enough trashing my car for me.

4. Chequers

Chequers New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Was that on the Rookie servers or a ranked server ?

5. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, jumped on to race WTCR, I had done two other races in the past that was respectful but that WTCR yesterday reminded me of Simbin GTR2 days of racing. :)

6. Chequers

Chequers New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I find that during the day/early evening the racing is better, late at night not so much.
    Folks have probably had a few beers or whatever by then so it's demolition derby time.
    Whatever you do don't go on Rfactor2 servers after dark.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    rFactor has no multiplayer at all. Only league racing. There are hundreds entries in lobby list, but when try to connect - in 99% we got BASE MOD NOT INSTALLED.

And yes... This is not ROOCKIE server, this is really destruction derby. We need oil leaker device, and few rail guns.

Raceroom has STUPID collision count model. Why when somebody hits me - I being DQ? ?!?!?!???????????????????

Can devs do:
    1. increase collision point count to player who has more speed at impact moment. Score x10 collision points for this.
    2. ban idiots for a week with many collision points (COUNTED LIKE #1 DESCRIBED) even at rockie servers

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  8. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a intermediate server, lets say 60% + rep and a few smaller restrictions. This will allow the better drivers not to become victims of wreckers who don't care about rules and we don't lose our efforts building up our stats. It might still have idiots sometimes, but at least they had to really race to get on the intermediate server. @developers

9. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Server's settings should provide IA (idiots allowed) tag :)

10. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, the label "Rookie Server" or "No Rating needed" pretty much IS the "IA" tag.

On the other hand. Although I started simracing back in the day with Revs on the C=64 and lateron with Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix titles, I consider myself a Rookie. Simply because I didn't simrace at all for several years (basically stopped with Grand Prix 4) and just recently started working on it again.
    I have a terrible setup (Logitech Formula Force GP which isn't even supported anymore) and a chair that basically moves through the room when stepping on the brakes (slightly exagerrated here).
    However. Some people are just flat out stupid. Try to overtake at places where you just can't overtake, divebomb, overtake from impossible angles and such.
    I think my favourite so far was a guy named "Medved" who still tried to overtake me on the inside when I was slowed down by dirty tyres and was all the way ON THE CURBS already and he could easily have gone around the outside.

Not really sure what you can do about it to be honest, other than live monitoring. Which likely is not an option as it requires personnel to sit there and monitor the servers (kind of like GM's in MMOs).

Long story short:
    With the release of the ranked servers it was really fun to race there, people fought hard, but still fair (mostly). The more people start racing there, the more idiots you'll get as well, naturally.
    Moving to the +75 servers helps to a point.
    NOT racing on weekends helps bunches.

11. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I made few mistakes and down the reputation to 74.5. I tried get it back at rookie servers. It is extremely difficult due to the large number of morons and the deep RR's system of awarding penalty points.

12. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Happens to me all the time. I am working for the german Red Cross and can't get as much training these days as I would like to.
    So I am making mistakes all the time.
    What I usually do is, I don't put in a qualifying lap and try to start as far from the back as even possible.
    It's some intense training for me to practice driving in traffic.
    I pay A LOT of attention to my rear view mirrors. If I notice someone being too impatient I slow down and just let them pass. They'll eventually crash into someone in front of me or get DQ'd eventually. If not...well then they were actually quicker than me. No big deal.
    With a 20 year old steering wheel and a chair that is almost falling apart I am not racing for podiums or even victories. At this point I am just here to learn and improve.

• Like Like x 1